On your first stage you will cycle to the world-famous royal tombs and to Saint Barnabas monastery. After that, you will discover the Roman town of Salamis. The combination of ruins, sand dunes and seascape is very scenic. In spring time the area is covered by the yellow blossoms of the acacia bushes the British planted in the old times.
Then, you cycle to the church of Panagia in Iskele, where you can admire its beautiful Byzantine frescoes. Your day will end in Bogaz, which is well-known for its outstanding seafood restaurants.
Today you will cycle across the Karpas peninsula. Olive, carob and fig trees edge the wayside. The traditional villages are adorned with bougainvilleas, hibiscus and jasmin. Shady coffee houses invite you for a rest. Your final destination, the hotel Nitovikla, is on the whole peninsula famous because of its great Cyprian kitchen.
Today you will start cycling close to the sea, before reaching the most exposed village on the peninsula, Dipkarpaz. It includes many different guesthouses with small garden and fields. In this Arcadian area are many things to visit.
Today you will cycle along the southern coast. Your first destination is a long paradisiacal sandy beach - one of the few areas in the Mediterranean Sea, where the Caretta-Caretta and the Green Turtle can still lay their eggs. Wild donkeys also live in this area, which you might see on your way to Cap Andreas with its lonesome monastery.
Probably you will cycle again to the ‘Turtle Beach’ and spend a day on the beach.
On the last stage, you will cycle through an idyllic, Arcadian landscape to the southern coast of the "panhandle". On your way to Kumyali, you will pass lonesome villages and have the possibility to go to some quiet beaches.
Today you cycle across the Kyrenia mountains on the north coast. It goes uphill (+400m), but it is worth for the amazing few over the coast. Your lonely located bungalows is directly at the beach (+350m).
The route today is along the Girne/Kyrena north coast, which is one of the most beautiful harbour cities of the middle sea. How would it be with a short detour to the BellapaisS. It is one of the most wonderful gothic buildings in Levante. You stay overnight in the hotel near the harbour.
You cycle mainly on quite, flat roads roads, sometimes smaller hills, but you will be compensated with wonderful sea views.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Taxi transfer (price per taxi) to be paid for at the time, reservation necessary
- Larnaca – Salamis/Famagusta € 70
- Ercan – Salamis/Famagusta € 40
- Kumyali – Larnaca € 75
- Kumyali – Ercan € 75
- Kumyali – Salamis/Famagusta € 35
- Kyrenia/Girne – Ercan € 60
- Kyrenia/Girne – Larnaca €75,
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Larnaca (Greece) or Ercan (Turkey) airport
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!