Sunny island in the Mediterranean Sea.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 2 persons
Arrival in Famagusta
On your first stage you will cycle to the world-famous royal tombs and to Saint Barnabas monastery. After that, you will discover the Roman town of Salamis. The combination of ruins, sand dunes and seascape is very scenic. In spring time the area is covered by the yellow blossoms of the acacia bushes the British planted in the old times. Then, you cycle to the church of Panagia in Iskele, where you can admire its beautiful Byzantine frescoes. Your day will end in Bogaz, which is well-known for its outstanding seafood restaurants.
Today you will cycle across the Karpas peninsula. Olive, carob and fig trees edge the wayside. The traditional villages are adorned with bougainvilleas, hibiscus and jasmin. Shady coffee houses invite you for a rest. Your final destination, the hotel Nitovikla, is on the whole peninsula famous because of its great Cyprian kitchen.
Today you will start cycling close to the sea, before reaching the most exposed village on the peninsula, Dipkarpaz. It includes many different guesthouses with small garden and fields. In this Arcadian area are many things to visit.
Today you will cycle along the southern coast. Your first destination is a long paradisiacal sandy beach - one of the few areas in the Mediterranean Sea, where the Caretta-Caretta and the Green Turtle can still lay their eggs. Wild donkeys also live in this area, which you might see on your way to Cap Andreas with its lonesome monastery. Today you will stay overnight in a beach hotel on the southern coast.
Probably you will cycle again to the ‘Turtle Beach’ and spend a day on the beach.
Before cycling next to the northern coast to Agios Thyrsos, we recommend a side trip to the basilica Agios Philon with its antique harbour and further on to Aphrendrika. In this area you will just find a few sheepherder lodges.
Departure or extension
You cycle mainly on quite, flat roads roads, sometimes smaller hills, but you will be compensated with wonderful sea views.
| Season 1 |
01.11.2020 - 30.06.2021
01.09.2021 - 31.12.2021
|Cyprus, 8 days, ZY-ZYRSK-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||160.00|
Category: 3***-hotels and chosen guest houses (Dikarpaz)
| Season 1 |
Nov 1, 2020 - Jun 30, 2021
Sep 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021
|Double room p. P.||35.00|
|Surcharge single room||10.00|
|Double room p. P.||40.00|
|Surcharge single room||20.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Taxi transfer (price per taxi) to be paid for at the time, reservation necessary
- Larnaca – Famagusta EUR 70
- Ercan – Famagusta EUR 40
- Agios Thyrsos – Larnaca EUR 75
- Agios Thyrsos – Ercan EUR 75
- Kyrenia/Girne – Ercan EUR 60
- Kyrenia/Girne – Larnaca EUR 75
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Larnaca (Greece) or Ercan (Turkey) airport
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!