Zealand Loop Tour
Start in Copenhagen.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Copenhagen
Feel free to explore the town on your own initiative. All sights of interest are easily reached by bike, foot, or bus. It is definitely worthwhile to book an extended stay at the beginning or end of your tour. Overnight in Copenhagen.
Cycle south along the beaches of Copenhagen and continue on the Berlin- Copenhagen Cycle Route to the small town of Køge. A beautiful Medieval market square and Denmark's oldest court house await you there. Enjoy the nearby white sand beach and take time for daydreaming or a refreshing swim. Overnight in or near Køge.
Today's stretch takes you through Zealand's green South to one of the island's oldest towns on the West coast, Naestved. Take an excursion to the castle of Gavnø. There are over ½ million bulbs, a rose garden, and many rare plants and trees on the castle grounds. You may want to visit the theme park, "Bonbon Land" or the glass factory nearby. Spend the night in or near Naestved.
Cycle northwest through the Great Belt where everyone is in a great holiday mood. Swimming areas, restaurants, and cafés characterise the surroundings. Karesbaekstorp is filled with art galleries. Before continuing to Korsør, enjoying some freshly smoked fish in the smokehouse is a must. Spend the night in or near Korsør.
Just West of Slagelse you will find an excellent replica from Viking times, the Trelleborg. On route, pass Lake Tissø, known for numerous bird species which find their home there. Your destination is Kalundborg in the North. The church with five towers and the Old Town, Højby, with its crooked town homes, have been very well preserved.
Your cycling tour takes you to the coast and fjords at Roskilde today. First, Iselfjord, then Roskildefjord. The tombs of many Danish kings and queens are found in the Roskilde Cathedral. If you like, follow the Vikings as you row or sail across the fjord in a Viking replica. Spend the night in or near Roskilde.
Today's stretch, the last stretch of your tour, is a little shorter and takes you back to the capital. Spend the afternoon in a quaint café or visit the Tivoli Gardens. Hand in your rental bike and enjoy your evening. Overnight in Copenhagen.
The route is generally flat, though slightly hilly in places. The terrain has an overall height difference of roughly 150m.
Category: B&B Hotels, 3**** or 4**** Hotels and boarding houses
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (only at arrival Copenhagen) (German, English)
- German-speaking guest representative
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Copenhagen or Køge train station
- Copenhagen or Køge airport
- Copenhagen parking garage EUR 30 per day
- Copenhagen parking EUR 11 per day
- Free parking at the hotel in Køge, no reservation possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- If you arrive in Køge, you start cycling with day 3
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!