Colmar - based in one hotel
Where the clocks are ticking very quiet.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Colmar
Arrival to Colmar, check-in at the hotel and free tour of the town.
You leave Colmar heading north through Houssen and ride to Ribeauvillé, before returning to Colmar through the beautiful wine villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Eguisheim.
Starting in Colmar you will head to the valley of Munster, passing Turckheim and Zimmerbach. Smooth hills, high alps, escarpments and glacial lakes create the versatile landscape of valley Munster, one of the most beautiful of the Vosges massif. The region is popular for its Munster-cheese, take your time to visit the “maison du fromage”. Cycling back on comfy cycle paths through the nature and small villages.
After the stages in the vineyards, the tour continues comfortably through the Rhine Valley today. In Neuf-Brisach you drive past the octagonal, baroque fortress, which was built around 1700 by Vauban, the fortress builder Louis XIV. After crossing the Rhine bridge, the Breisgau awaits you! Back in France, a bunker of the Maginot Line from the Second World War can be visited in Marckolsheim. The canal cycle path takes you back to Colmar.
From Colmar you will follow the French wine route. Charming wine-vilages with lots of Alsatian half-timbered houses and beautiful medieval centres within vineyards are the places to relay, enjoy and to take a break from everyday´s life. You will cycle from Guebwiller to Bollwiller where you can take the train or cycle further to Ungersheim passing the “Ecomusée d´Alsace, a open air museum. The cycle path leads you directly to Mulhouse. Going back by train to Colmar.
From the hotel you ride to Colmar Station; the train to Strasbourg runs every half hour. You leave the train in Erstein, around 25 km before Strasbourg, and ride along the Rhone-Rhine Canal into the heart of the European capital. Tour of the city. Return by train from Strasbourg to Colmar.
Flat to the river Rhine in Breisach, a little bit hilly along the French wine street. Most of the time you cycle on bike paths, sometimes on side streets with less traffic.
Hotels: BEST WESTERN Grand Hôtel Bristol or Hôtel Beauséjour in Colmar
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel information 1x per room (German, English, French, withroute maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Train ride Mulhouse – Colmar incl. bike
- 1 Train ride Colmar – Strasbourg – Colmar incl. bike
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Colmar train station
- Strasbourg airport or Basel/Mulhouse airport
- Free car park at Hôtel Beau Séjour, public car park close to Grand Hôtel Bristol for approx. EUR 25 per week
This tour has 1 more variation
Best Western Grand Hotel Bristol
The Grand Hotel Bristol 4**** is perfectly situated to expore the historic old town of Colmar.
A charming hotel, not far away from the old town.