Itinerary at a glance
The Brigach and Breg Black Forest rivers join to form the Danube near the town. The Fürstenberg castle built in the Belle Epoch style is a testament to the importance of the Fürstenberg family.
The first stage leads you through the so-called “Baar“ landscape. In Immendingen you will be able to visit an important natural phenomenon: the sinking of the Danube. Here the river disappears beneath the porous chalk rock for the majority of the year to flow into the Rhine.
Today you cycle through the Danube breach. Between Friedingen and Beuron you won’t be disturbed by the noise of cars or trains and the archabbey invents for a rest. The castle in Sigmaringen is still inhabited where you can have a guided tour.
You will cycle along the Danube until you reach the village of Zwiefalten with its beautiful abbey. In Obermarchtal you will see the oldest Baroque church in Upper Swabia.
Behind the monastery of Blaubeuren you will find the famous Blautopf. Medieval castles and ruins accompany you along the Blau until you reach the Swabian-Bavarian double city of Ulm with the highest church tower in the world.
Between Ulm and Dillingen you will pass village after village which are all beautifully well kept. In Elchingen you can visit the pilgrimage church, Günzburg offers visitors the Church of Our Lady in Rococo style.
The villages are mainly located somewhat off the beaten track on hills protected from the river floodwaters. Those who wish can take a break in one of the well-maintained villages. Donauwörth was once the scene of the beheading of Maria von Brabant as an adulteress.
After breakfast you may return home or extend your stay.
The first two stages are a little bit hilly, afterwards mostly flat.
Prices and dates
Category: hotels, inns, and guesthouses of 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish)
- 1 Entrance Castle Sigmaringen with guided tour
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Transfer in a minibus every Sunday morning, EUR 99 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, reservation is necessary, to be paid for in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Donaueschingen train station
- Zürich, Stuttgart, Basel, Karlsruhe or Frankfurt/Main airport
- Free parking in a public car park in Donaueschingen
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."