Itinerary at a glance
Dresden enchants with its architectural and cultural charm. In the surrounding areas, romantic valleys lead to Moritzburg, and the landscape of Saxon Switzerland captivates with its beauty. Consider making a detour to the Meissen Porcelain Manufactory.
Individual arrival to Dresden. You will get your bike (if booked) and more information about the bicycle holiday. Take a stroll through the nice old town of Dresden before you will enjoy a dinner (included).
On your first day you cycle along river Elbe via palace Pillnitz to Pirna. Enjoy the charming old town with market place and Church of Our Lady. The Canaletto house is dedicated to the painter Canaletto. Every Monday at 2 pm you can join a guided city tour in Pirna.
Today you cycle on winding roads through idyllic valleys to Karl-May-town Radebeul and by Lößnitztal train to Moritzburg. Visit the water castle of August the Strong. Afterwards an idyllic cycle tour through the hinterland from Moritzburg back to Dresden.
Explore Dresden worth seeing outside the Old Town on a city tour: Elbe Castles, Pfund's Dairy, Blue Wonder and Transparent Factory are just a few highlights along the way.
Along Elbe cycle path to Meißen. Explore picturesque alleyways of historically grown old town. Fortress Albrechtsburg or world famous Porcelain Manufacture is well worth a visit. In the afternoon you will go by boat back to Dresden.
Enjoy the view from the Elbe to the Bastei, conquer the fortress "Königstein" with the wonderful panoramic view. Let us row you throgh the Edmundsklamm or you are doing a small bicycle tour through the national park. The unique landscape has been inspiring for generations.
This is an easy tour in flat to undulating territory. The Elbe cycle path offers the possibility to cycle on car-free roads along one of the most beautiful rivers in Germany. Other sections lead along small country roads and paths with less traffic through diversified landscape.
Prices and dates
Category: see description
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- 1 Multi -course dinner at your arrival day
- Welcome briefing (German, English, French)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 Guided city tour in Pirna (German) and Dresden
- 1 Train ride with Lößnitztalbahn from Radebeul to Moritzburg
- 1 Train ride to Saxon Switzerland
- 1 Boat trip from Meißen to Dresden (except in April and October)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Dresden train station
- Dresden airport
- Parking garage approx. EUR 17 per day, no reservation necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.