From magnificent castles, grandiose wines and chic cycling shorts
Explore the beautiful centre of Germany with Eurobike! Whether on the Moselle, the Elbe, the Rhine, in Thuringia, in the Münsterland, on the Ruhr, on the Lahn or around Berlin…our cycle tours in central Germany have a lot to offer. Cycle paths along beautiful rivers lined with wild nature, historic cities, breath taking castles and palaces…all this and much more await you in the cycling-friendly centre of Germany. Wonderful hours, a good glass of wine and a lot of fun are guaranteed.
Moselle Cycle Path – comfortable (leisurely)
The enjoyment is not neglected on this tour. Cycle from Trier to Koblenz and treat yourself to a glass or two of delicious Mosel wine. It makes cycling a bit more spirited!
- Find more information about the Mosel cycle path tour – leisure here.
Metz – Koblenz
About 275 kilometres of cycling along the Moselle lead you from Metz to Koblenz. Beautiful cycle paths, breathtaking scenery and fine German wines distinguish this cycle tour. Well then…off to the Mosel.
- Do you want to book the cycle tour Metz – Koblenz right away? But of course! This way please!
Dresden – Magdeburg
Follow the Elbe cycle path from Dresden, visit the hometown of Winnetou’s father Karl May, lift a glass in one of the wine villages near Meissen and admire Magdeburg Cathedral at the end of the tour.
- Much more information about the Dresden – Magdeburg cycle tour can be found here.
Dresden centre-based tour
The city on the Elbe will enchant you! During your stay you are based in a modern 4 **** hotel, which is in a protected building. Art, music, architecture and wonderful cycle tours will make your holiday a very special one.
- If you have always wanted to go to Dresden and also like to cycle, then the Dresden centre-based tour is as good as booked, right?
Mainz – Cologne
The old Romans knew what was good and came here on holiday. Castles, palaces, thermal springs and once again delicious German wine still impress a large number of visitors today. But today we have an advantage over the Romans…we can explore the area by bike.
- Take a break from everyday life and cycle the Rhine cycle path Mainz – Cologne.
Strasbourg – Mainz
Our tour along the Rhine starts in beautiful Alsace. Other culturally rich cities such as Heidelberg, Worms and Mainz await you on this tour. Do not miss trying a glass of Riesling in Nierstein, it is one of the best in the world!
- The picturesque Strasbourg – Mainz can be booked here.
The Thuringian dumplings are not the only good thing about this cycle tour! Gentle hills in the most beautiful landscape make a cycle tour here an experience. Enjoy comfort, peace and the joy of cycling!
- If that sounds good to you, then you should definitely learn more about the cycle tour in the Thuringian basin.
The cycling paradise of Münsterland
Perfectly developed cycle paths take you past moat circled castles and palaces, through flower meadows and dense forests…that’s exactly how cycling should be!
- All information about the cycle tour cycler’s paradise Münsterland can be found here.
Spectacular castles in Münsterland
Here, the bike functions as a time machine: grand castles and manors almost make you think you are in another century. Become captivated by the Münsterland!
- Find more information about the cycle tour Spectacular castles in Münsterland here.
Ruhr Valley cycle path: Winterberg – Duisburg
From the Sauerland we head uphill, sometimes downhill over about 265 kilometres in the beautiful Ruhr Valley. The magnificent backdrop of the low mountain range leads you through a wonderful area full of clear lakes, dense forests and fairytale castles.
- Do you want to cycle through the fabulous Ruhr Valley? Then find out today about the cycle tour Winterberg – Duisburg!
Lahn cycle path: Marburg – Koblenz
This 7-day tour starts along the Lahn cycle path in the historic university city of Marburg. Historic buildings, monuments and partly untouched nature characterise this cycle tour.
- Looking for more detailed information? Here’s the tour Marburg – Koblenz.
Coblenz – Saarburg, MS Patria
Your floating host, the MS Patria, is looking forward to welcoming you to Coblenz. Relax during the days on board and of course on your bike saddle! A lush natural landscape, cultural highlights and a variety of delicacies do their part to make this cycle tour an unforgettable experience. Incidentally, this tour is also available in reverse.
- We hope we made you curious! Click here for information about the bike & boat tour Coblenz – Saarburg.
Coblenz – Bad Wimpfen, MS Patria
As soon as you board the ship in Coblenz, you sail to Rüdesheim, Mainz and Nierstein, where you should absolutely try a glass of wine. Continue to
Mannheim, Heidelberg, Eberback and Bad Wimpfen, where the tour ends after 8 eventful days. Or would you like to travel from Bad Wimpfen to Coblenz? Of course that is possible too!
- Detailed information and prices for the bike & boat tour Coblenz – Bad Wimpfen can be found here.
The central German cuisine
Each state in central Germany has its own specialities. The state of Saxony is especially known for its desserts, Saxony-Anhalt is the oldest beer in the world and Thuringia is particularly proud of its sausages. A very special dish from central Germany, which is known beyond the country’s borders, comes from Thuringia. We are of course talking about the famous Thuringian ‘Kloßer’ (dumplings). The potato dumplings are very popular in this country. For years now, a quality seal has been awarded to catering establishments who keep traditional Thuringian dumplings alive!
The most beautiful time to cycle in central Germany is from April until the end of September. The summer months are mostly dry and very warm, sometimes hot. Saxony is generally one of the coldest and most precipitous regions in Germany, Saxony-Anhalt rather warmer and Thuringia is one of the driest areas in the Federal Republic!
Saxony – the land of inventors
You won’t believe how many inventions come from the small Federal State of Saxony. Here inventions were created that we all use daily. Here is a small selection of Saxony’s most famous inventions:
- Toothpaste in its present form was invented in Dresden in 1907.
- The teabag was developed in Dresden in 1929.
- The daily newspaper appeared for the first time in 1650 in Leibzig.
- The bra, also invented in Dresden, has been around since 1899.
- The coffee filter was developed by Mrs. Melitta Bentz in Dresden.
- And porcelain is also a Saxon invention.
Did you know…
- …that the Rhine is one of the busiest rivers in the world?
- …that Saxony was the first in the world to replace the traffic light man with a traffic light woman?
- …that there are 7 Unesco World Heritage Sites in central Germany?
- …that Johannes Gutenberg was born and died in Mainz?
- …that the Thuringian basin is one of the driest areas in Germany?
Perfectly organised cycle tours in central Germany
If comfortable hotels are booked, luggage is waiting for you on time at your next accommodation, well-matched travel documents show you the way to the next destination and a 7-day service hotline provides you with the security of an absolutely reliable service, then…you must book with Eurobike!