Lahn Cycle Path
Tranquil dream of nature.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Marburg
Visit the historic old town and Elisabeth church. Your rental bicycle is ready for you at the hotel.
You cycle in wide Lahn valley past idyllic little bathing ponds to Wetzlar. Explore the old town and interesting dome.
Cross the stony bridge to leave Wetzlar and soon you reach the old mine Fortuna (+8 km), Germany’s only iron-ore show mine, operating the original underground machinery. Take in the beautiful surroundings to Weilburg, where the renaissance castle stands in solitary splendour on a high rock above river Lahn.
Wedged in between the heights of Taunis and Westerwald the river winds its way. You cycle on the asphalted Lein path via Aumenau and Runkel to Limburg with famous dome.
Today you cross the unspoilt valley from Diez to Balduinstein, one of the most scenic parts of the tour. Two climbs can be avoided by using the train (11 km). Have a break at monastery Arnstein, at fortress Nassau or in historic Inn on Lahn before you reach Bad Ems.
After 12 km Rhine-valley opens up before your eyes. Here you crown your tour by an excursion (+31 km) via Boppard and St. Goar to Loreley. Return by boat to wine-growing town Braubach.
Easy to medium, easy cycling, some short distances to push the bike.
Category A: Comfortable middle-class hotels
Category B: Good inns and hotels
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat trip at Rhine from St. Goar to Braubach
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus daily to Marburg, costs EUR 60 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary
Arrival / parking / departure:
- Marburg train station
- Category A: Public multi storey car park close to the hotel, price upon request, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
Category B: Car park close to the hotel cost EUR 3 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Good train connections from Braubach to Marburg