Itinerary at a glance
Visit the historic old town and Elisabeth church. Your rental bicycle is ready for you at the hotel.
You cycle in wide Lahn valley past idyllic little bathing ponds to Wetzlar. Explore the old town and interesting dome.
Cross the stony bridge to leave Wetzlar and soon you reach the old mine Fortuna (+8 km), Germany’s only iron-ore show mine, operating the original underground machinery. Take in the beautiful surroundings to Weilburg, where the renaissance castle stands in solitary splendour on a high rock above river Lahn.
Wedged in between the heights of Taunis and Westerwald the river winds its way. You cycle on the asphalted Lein path via Aumenau and Runkel to Limburg with famous dome.
Today you cross the unspoilt valley from Diez to Balduinstein, one of the most scenic parts of the tour. Two climbs can be avoided by using the train (11 km). Have a break at monastery Arnstein, at fortress Nassau or in historic Inn on Lahn before you reach Bad Ems.
After 12 km Rhine-valley opens up before your eyes. Here you crown your tour by an excursion (+31 km) via Boppard and St. Goar to Loreley. Return by boat to wine-growing town Braubach.
After breakfast your beautiful cycling vacation ends today.
Easy to medium, easy cycling, some short distances to push the bike.
Prices and dates
Category A: comfortable middle-class hotels
Category B: good guesthouses and hotels on the town’s edge
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 Boat ride St. Goar – /Coblenz incl. your bike
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus to Marburg daily, departure approx. 9am, costs EUR 95 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 40, to be paid in advance, a reservation is necessary
Arrival / parking / departure
- Marburg train station
- Parking with costs at the hotels, no reservation possible
- Good train connections from Braubach/Coblenz to Marburg
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.