Eastern Friesland - based in one hotel
Coast, lighthouses and Wadden Sea.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Norden
You arrive in the oldest town of Eastern Friesland, the town Norden. In the late afternoon you will have an info talk and the bike issue (if booked). After that you can stroll through the nice town a bit to get in the right mood for the next day.
Cycling alongside the dyke you reach the 600 years old fishing village Greetsiel. After a break in the picturesque cutter harbour you continue cycling to the lighthouse in Pilsum. Cycling through the inland you reach Eilsum with the 36 metres high belfry. Via the old dyke of Wirdum you drive back to the North.
Today you visit the island Norderney (ferry inclusive) and you will leave all your cares behind. As an alternative the town of Norden has something to offer too: for example, the Tea Museum, the heritage railway or you cycle to the seal breeding station in Norddeich and watch the feeding of the seals. By the way you will learn some worth knowing things about the World Heritage natural site Wadden Sea.
Today you will enjoy a day full of history. At first you cycle into the pirates' nest of Störtebeker. You cycle further to Münkeboe. In the local “Dörpmuseum” (museum) you will learn a lot of things about life and work of the people in a little moorland village a hundred years ago. Via Berumerfehn and Hage you reach Lütetsburg. The castle grounds are one of the biggest and most beautiful ones in Northern Germany. Here you can finish the day in the park cafè.
From Norddeich you cycle in eastern direction into the littlest bathing resort of the North Sea coast with a lot of recreation offers. Here you have a chance to take a ferry (not inclusive; see our note) to the island Baltrum. Alternatively you cycle alongside the dyke to Dornum. The former site of East Frisian chiefs with its water castle has a lot to show. Enjoy typical East Frisian tea and homemade cakes in the castle garden and explore the castle.
All routes are completely flat! You cycle mainly on paved or plastered country lanes, sometimes on minor roads.
Cat. A: Superior room
Cat. B: Standard room
- Accommodation in Romantikhotel Reichshof in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Well developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 boat ride Norddeich – Norderney incl. your bike
- 1 welcome drink at arrival day
- 1 dinner at day of arrival
- Water and juice in the minibar
- Use of sauna and pool area
- Bathrobe and slippers for the duration of your stay
- 1 East Frisian tea and 1 piece of cake in Dornum
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Norden train station
- Bremen and Hamburg airport
- Car park at the hotel costs approx. EUR 5 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry ticket to Baltrum not included (no bikes possible)
The ferry to Baltrum is dependent of tide. During reservation we can do the information if it is possible to book a daily visit of Baltrum. Price per person: approx. EUR 20.
As well it is possible to cycle during your journey to the ferry and decides on site if you would like to make a visit on the island Baltrum or if you prefer to cycle around the North Sea Coast.
This tour has 2 more variations
What remains in the memory after a stay at the Romantikhotel Reichshof in Norden with the Franke family are the beautiful moments in a relaxed, cosy atmosphere and the good feeling of having found a second home.