Itinerary at a glance
You'll stay in Norden during your journey, exploring Norderney Island by bike, tranquil moorland areas, the Dornum Water Castle, and enjoying views of the Wadden Sea. From Greetsiel, you'll cycle to the Pilsum Lighthouse and Eilsum.
You arrive in the oldest town of Eastern Friesland, the town Norden. After that you can stroll through the nice town a bit to get in the right mood for the next day.
Cycling alongside the dyke you reach the 600 years old fishing village Greetsiel. After a break in the picturesque cutter harbour you continue cycling to the lighthouse in Pilsum. Cycling through the inland you reach Eilsum with the 36 metres high belfry. Via the old dyke of Wirdum you drive back to the North.
Today you visit the island Norderney (ferry inclusive) and you will leave all your cares behind. As an alternative the town of Norden has something to offer too: for example, the Tea Museum, the heritage railway or you cycle to the seal breeding station in Norddeich and watch the feeding of the seals. By the way you will learn some worth knowing things about the World Heritage natural site Wadden Sea.
Today you will enjoy a day full of history. At first you cycle into the pirates' nest of Störtebeker. You cycle further to Münkeboe. In the local “Dörpmuseum” (museum) you will learn a lot of things about life and work of the people in a little moorland village a hundred years ago. Via Berumerfehn and Hage you reach Lütetsburg. The castle grounds are one of the biggest and most beautiful ones in Northern Germany. Here you can finish the day in the park cafè.
From Norddeich you cycle in eastern direction into the littlest bathing resort of the North Sea coast with a lot of recreation offers. Here you have a chance to take a ferry (not inclusive; see our note) to the island Baltrum. Alternatively you cycle alongside the dyke to Dornum. The former site of East Frisian chiefs with its water castle has a lot to show. Enjoy typical East Frisian tea and homemade cakes in the castle garden and explore the castle.
All routes are completely flat! You cycle mainly on paved or plastered country lanes, sometimes on minor roads.
Prices and dates
Cat. A: Superior rooms
Cat. B: Standard rooms
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in Romantikhotel Reichshof in your selected category
- Welcome briefing (German)
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Own signposting
- 1 ferry ride Norddeich – Norderney incl. your bike
- 1 East Frisian tea and 1 piece of cake in Dornum
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Norden train station
- Bremen and Hamburg airport
- Car park at the hotel costs approx. EUR 7 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry ticket to Baltrum on your own, approx. EUR 40 per person incl. your bike. The ferry to Baltrum is dependent on the tide and therefore can only be organized with the booking.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room