Arrival in Constance
Take the opportunity to visit the island of Mainau, stroll through the old town of Constance or visit the aquarium or Archaeological Museum.
With the ferry to Meersburg and along the sea to Immenstaad and MarkdorfPastoral economy and nature determine the stage after the first part.
The basin of Lake Federsee is an ancient culture area, archaeologists still make significant discoveries from the Palaeolithic to the Bronze Age lake dwellings.
Soft hills, high moors and parched lakes are coining the route in northern Upper Swabia. But also culture is not missed out, Ochsenhausen offers the impressing Benedictine abbey. Your aim is well-known as mud spa, in a mudpack or in the thermal spa you can relax felicitous. .
Today’s route is shorter, but you will discover Allgäu, which is not less ambitious. Palace Zeil lies imposing above Leutkirch, well-worth seeing is the winter sport village Isny, comfortable is the evening in the well preserved old city of Wangen.
First you cycle through one of the most important hops growing areas in Germany, afterwards apple trees and fruit orchards are defining the landscape. In Kressbronn you reach Lake Constance, along the waterside to Lindau and onto Bregenz, which is capital city of province Vorarlberg.
You cycle through the protected landscape Rheindelta into Switzerland. Afterwards mostly next to the Lake and along picturesque villages and cities to Constance, which medieval character is developed best in fortress Niederburg.
Departure or extension
Mostly flat, in the Allgäu mostly hilly course, on paved bike paths, quiet roads and some nature trails. Sporty.
Category: hotels of 3***-Niveau
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast or breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat trip Constance – Meersburg incl. your bike
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- There are parking spaces available at the hotels most of the time for EUR 20 to EUR 50 per week.
- Parkingspaces without fee along the public streets.
- In Constance you can park at the office for EUR 39 for the duration of your tour, reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!