Itinerary at a glance
The Mainau Flower Island, the Pilgrimage Church of Birnau, and the Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen are just a few destinations at Lake Constance. Enjoy Austrian cuisine in Bregenz and conclude the tour by boat.
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”.
Passing the old imperial- and todays spa-town Radolfzell you cycle via Bodanrück to the Lake Überlinger See and its town of the same name.
You will see the baroque pilgrims church Birnau and the old city of Meersburg on your way to Friedrichshafen. In Nonnenhorn you reach the old Bavarian boarder. Your overnight stay is in the region of Kressbronn.
Today you cycle to Lindau and Bregenz, which is famous for its annual festivals on the biggest outdoor stage of the world (located on the Lake). Afterwards you cross the Rhine delta – an important nature reserve. Your overnight stay is in the region of Höchst/Rorschach.
You go to Romanshorn (biggest harbour in Switzerland). Afterwards you cycle next to the Lake back to Constance. There is the possibility to visit the island of Mainau
Passing pittoresque Swiss fishing villages along the south bank of Lake Untersee you cycle to Stein on Rhine and further on to Schaffhausen.
Excursion to the Rhine waterfalls, then on the other side of the Rhine back to Stein on Rhine. Along the river Höri to Gaienhofen, where you take the boat to the island Reichenau and back to Constance.
The first three stages are a little bit hilly. Lake Constance cycle path runs along the edge of the lake, mostly flat and without traffic. Sometimes minor roads are used, allowing beautiful scenic views. Appropriate for families.
Prices & Dates
Category A: hotels of national 3***- and 4****-level
Category B: hotels, inns, and guest houses of 2** and 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR, NL, FR, IT, ES)
- 1 Entrance rosarium museum Constance, incl. 1 cup of coffee is
- 1 Boat ride Rhine waterfalls
- 1 Boat ride Gaienhofen – Reichenau incl. bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Constance train station
- Zürich, Friedrichshafen, Basel, Karlsruhe, Memmingen or Stuttgart airport
- In Constance you can park at the office for EUR 49 for the duration of your tour, reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance
- Public multy storey car parks (Fischermarkt, Dammgasse, Lago, Altstadt, Benediktinerplatz, for approx. EUR 25 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
- It is possible to begin from any stage destination.
From our Cycling Blog
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."