Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”.
Passing the old imperial- and todays spa-town Radolfzell you cycle via Bodanrück to the Lake Überlinger See and its town of the same name.
You will see the baroque pilgrims church Birnau and the old city of Meersburg on your way to Friedrichshafen. In Nonnenhorn you reach the old Bavarian boarder. Your overnight stay is in the region of Kressbronn.
Today you cycle to Lindau and Bregenz, which is famous for its annual festivals on the biggest outdoor stage of the world (located on the Lake). Afterwards you cross the Rhine delta – an important nature reserve. Your overnight stay is in the region of Höchst/Rorschach.
You go to Romanshorn (biggest harbour in Switzerland). Afterwards you cycle next to the Lake back to Constance. There is the possibility to visit the island of Mainau.
Passing pittoresque Swiss fishing villages along the south bank of Lake Untersee you cycle to Stein on Rhine and further on to Schaffhausen.
Excursion to the Rhine waterfalls, then on the other side of the Rhine back to Stein on Rhine. Along the river Höri to Gaienhofen, where you take the boat to the island Reichenau and back to Constance.
The first three stages are a little bit hilly. Lake Constance cycle path runs along the edge of the lake, mostly flat and without traffic. Sometimes minor roads are used, allowing beautiful scenic views. Appropriate for families.
Cat.A: 3*** bzw. 4****-Niveau
Cat.B: 2** bzw. 3***-Niveau
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE,EN,FR,NL,FR,IT)
- Entrance rosarium museum Constance, 1 cup of coffee is included
- Boat ride Rhine waterfalls
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- There are parking spaces available at the hotels most of the time for € 20 to € 50 per week. In Constance you can park at the office for € 40 for the duration of your tour. No reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!