Itinerary at a glance
Immerse yourself in the history of the region, whether it's at the Constance Cathedral, the Kneipp spa town of Radolfzell, or the pile-dwelling settlement in Uhldingen. Feel the power of nature at the Rhine Falls, and enjoy the impressive views from Pfänder near Bregenz.
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”. Overnight stay is in Constance.
Past Wollmatinger Ried you cycle to island Reichenau, UNESCO heritage of nature and culture since 2001. Take a boat to to Gaienhofen and cycle to Stein am Rhein .
Today you will cycle through a lovely river landscape to Schaffhausen (castle Munot). Afterwards you will visit the Rhine fall (most powerful waterfall in middle Europe).
You will pass a lot of picturesque fishing villages on your bike tour to Untersee. Overnight stay is in Constance / surroundings.
Visit the “flower island” Mainau! Afterwards you have a short bike tour via Allensbach to Radolfzell.
A lot of places of interest on your 6th day: monasteries, baroque churches and old castles. Overnight stay is in Uhldingen / Meersburg.
Today you visit baroque pilgrims church Birnau, pole-settlements in Uhldingen and then Meersburg, Hagnau and Immenstaad until you reach Friedrichshafen. Visit the Zeppelin museum and the harbour. Overnight stay is in/near Immenstaad or Friedrichshafen.
Enjoy the large fruit orchards before you reach Bavarian metropolis Lindau. Special about Lindau is the protected old town on an island. After a few kilometres you reach Austria and cycle on the lake bank into festival city Bregenz with the unique lake-stage.
Before you leave Bregenz visit the Oberstadt, which has been maintained in an excellent condition. Near Hard you cross the Rhine, rushing down from the Swiss Alps. The mouth into Lake Constance is an important natural reserve. On Swiss territory, in Altenrhein, you can see the Hundertwasser-Hall. Via Horn you cycle along the lake to harbour Rorschach.
Today you do not need your bike,you have time to visit St. Gallen or to do a Hiking tour in the area.
The last day of this interesting cycle tour is dedicated to Canton Thurgau, also called the apple-canton due to the importance of apple orchards. You cycle through tidy little villages along the lake to Constance. Overnight stay is in Constance / surroundings.
All important places of interest, which are described in the route book, are part of the tour. On every day you have enough time for sightseeing. For families suitable.
Prices and dates
Category: hotels of 3***- and 4****-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents (DE, EN, FR, IT, NL, ES)
- 1 boat trip Reichenau – Gaienhofen incl. bike
- 1 boat trip to the Rhine fall rock
- Entrance as mentioned (Rosgartenmuseum incl. 1 cup of coffee, Pfahlbaummuseum, Zeppelinmuseum Friedrichshafen)
- 1 ride with the Pfänderbahn excl. bicycles (bike transport from 8 till 10 a.m. for free)
- 1 train ride Altstätten – Gais inkl. Bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Constance train station
- Zürich, Friedrichshafen, Basel, Karlsruhe, Memmingen or Stuttgart airport
- In Constance you can park at the office for EUR 49 for the duration of your tour, reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Parking at the hotel or in public multi storey car parks (Fischermarkt, Dammgasse, Lago, Altstadt, Benediktinerplatz, for approx. EUR 25 per day, no reservation possible
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for the Pfänderbahn after 10 am, to be organized by your own, approx. EUR 7 per bike
- This tour is a partner tour.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- It is possible to begin from any stage destination.