Lake Constance in all its facets
The big Lake Constance adventure trip.
- 12 Days / 11 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Arrival in Constance
Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”. Overnight stay is in Constance.
Constance – Island Reichenau – Gaienhofen – Gailingen/Stein am Rheinapprox. 25/35 km + Journey by boat
Past Wollmatinger Ried you cycle to island Reichenau, UNESCO heritage of nature and culture since 2001. Take a boat to to Gaienhofen and cycle to Stein am Rhein .
Today you will cycle through a lovely river landscape to Schaffhausen (castle Munot). Afterwards you will visit the Rhine fall (most powerful waterfall in middle Europe).
You will pass a lot of picturesque fishing villages on your bike tour to Untersee. Overnight stay is in Constanze / surroundings. You will pass a lot of picturesque fishing villages on your bike tour to Untersee.
Visit the “flower island” Mainau! Afterwards you have a short bike tour via Allensbach to Radolfzell.
A lot of places of interest on your 6th day: monasteries, baroque churches and old castles. Overnight stay is in Uhldingen / Meersburg.
Today you visit baroque pilgrims church Birnau, pole-settlements in Uhldingen and then Meersburg, Hagnau and Immenstaad until you reach Friedrichshafen. Visit the Zeppelin museum and the harbour. Overnight stay is in/near Immenstaad or Friedrichshafen.
Enjoy the large fruit orchards before you reach Bavarian metropolis Lindau. Special about Lindau is the protected old town on an island. After a few kilometres you reach Austria and cycle on the lake bank into festival city Bregenz with the unique lake-stage.
Before you leave Bregenz visit the Oberstadt, which has been maintained in an excellent condition. Near Hard you cross the Rhine, rushing down from the Swiss Alps. The mouth into Lake Constance is an important natural reserve. On Swiss territory, in Altenrhein, you can see the Hundertwasser-Hall. Via Horn you cycle along the lake to harbour Rorschach.
Rest day in St. Gallen
Today you do not need your bike,you have time to visit St. Gallen or to do a Hiking tour in the area..
The last day of this interesting cycle tour is dedicated to Canton Thurgau, also called the apple-canton due to the importance of apple orchards. You cycle through tidy little villages along the lake to Constance.
Departure or extension
The Tour is completed after breakfast.
All important places of interest, which are described in the route book, are included in the tour. On every day you have enough time for sightseeing. .
| Season 1 |
01.10.2021 - 03.10.2021
| Season 2 |
18.04.2021 - 05.05.2021
07.06.2021 - 10.06.2021
14.06.2021 - 17.06.2021
21.06.2021 - 24.06.2021
12.09.2021 - 30.09.2021
| Season 3 |
06.05.2021 - 10.05.202116.05.2021 |
24.05.2021 - 27.05.202106.06.2021 |
11.06.2021 - 13.06.2021
18.06.2021 - 20.06.2021
25.06.2021 - 30.06.2021
22.08.2021 - 11.09.2021
| Season 4 |
11.05.2021 - 15.05.2021
17.05.2021 - 23.05.2021
28.05.2021 - 05.06.2021
01.07.2021 - 21.08.2021
|Lake Constance in all its facets, 12 days, DE-BORKK-12X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||399.00||399.00||399.00||399.00|
Category: hotels of 3***- and 4****-level
| Season 1 |
Oct 1, 2021 - Oct 3, 2021
| Season 2 |
Apr 18, 2021 - May 5, 2021
Jun 7, 2021 - Jun 10, 2021
Jun 14, 2021 - Jun 17, 2021
Jun 21, 2021 - Jun 24, 2021
Sep 12, 2021 - Sep 30, 2021
| Season 3 |
May 6, 2021 - May 10, 2021May 16, 2021 |
May 24, 2021 - May 27, 2021Jun 6, 2021 |
Jun 11, 2021 - Jun 13, 2021
Jun 18, 2021 - Jun 20, 2021
Jun 25, 2021 - Jun 30, 2021
Aug 22, 2021 - Sep 11, 2021
| Season 4 |
May 11, 2021 - May 15, 2021
May 17, 2021 - May 23, 2021
May 28, 2021 - Jun 5, 2021
Jul 1, 2021 - Aug 21, 2021
|Double room p. P.||79.00||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Surcharge single room||39.00||39.00||39.00||39.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents (DE, EN, FR, IT, NL, ES with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Boat tour Reichenau – Gaienhofen incl. bike
- 1 Boat tour to the Rhine fall rock
- Entrance as mentioned (Rosgartenmuseum incl. 1 cup of coffee, Insel Mainau, Pfahlbaummuseum, Zeppelinmuseum Friedrichshafen)
- 1 Journey with the Pfänderbahn excl. bicycles (bike transport from 8 till 10 a.m. for free)
- 1 train journey Altstätten – Gais inkl. Bike
- GPS-Tracks available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Constance train station
- Zürich, Friedrichshafen or Stuttgart airport
- In Constance you can park at the office for EUR 45 for the duration of your tour, reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance.
- Public multy storey car park (Fischermarkt, Dammgasse, Lago, Altstadt, Benediktinerplatz, for approx. EUR 10 to 20 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
- Limited parking spaces available at the hotels with fee, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Bike ticket for the Pfänderbahn after 10 am, to be organized by your own, approx. EUR 7 per bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- It is possible to begin from any stage destination.