Moselle Cycle Path with Charm
From Trier to Coblenz.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Trier
Trier is regarded as the oldest city of Germany. Numerous Roman monuments are omnipresent. Your rental bikes are already stored in the hotel.
Before you start along the Moselle you should schedule some time to visit the well-known amphitheater as well as the Porta Nigra. An educational trail along your route reports on domestic grape variety. Close to Piesport you will pass Neumagen-Dhron which is Germany´s oldest wine village. Taste a glass of wine in Piesport - for sure this could be a nice finish of this beautiful cycle day!
Soon you will reach Bernkastel-Kues where many alleys and colorful half-timbered houses will impress. In any case you should taste the well-known “Bernkastler Doctor” (local produced wine). On your further way you will pass the wine growing district named “Kröver Nacktarsch”. A boat ride might offer beautiful views on the surrounding vineyards (not included). You have reached your today´s destination with Traben-Trarbach. The city offers many architectural masterpieces of art nouveau and Belle Epoch.
Also today the vineyards will escort your way. Enkirch is a trinket of half-timbered houses and ideally suitable for a brake. Always following the river Moselle you will pass another famous wine growing district which is called “Zeller Schwarze Katz”. Cycling over Beilstein, widely known as „Rothenburg on the Moselle River”, you will soon roll into Cochem. The charming center and the castle from the 11th century are just some highlights. Take enough time for a visit.
After a short distance you should make a side trip to the medieval castle „Burg Eltz“, which counts among the most beautiful and best preserved castles of Germany. Located in the heart of nature it offers magnificent views. Back to the Moselle bike path you pass numerous charming wine villages, before you reach your final destination Coblenz. The center is situated at the confluence of the Moselle River and the Rhine River and is extremely well-suited for a stroll.
The Moselle bike path mostly runs on paved roads and bike trails and is continuosly and well signposted. There are only less short sections with more traffic. Altogether a very easy bike tour which is ideally suitable for families with children and doesn't require more than basic fitness.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Service hotline
- Half board evening meal 5x (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Return transfer by minibus to Trier every day, departure 9 a.m., this costs € 55 per person incl. your bike, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Trier train station
- Frankfurt-Hahn or Frankfurt-Main airport
- Public multi story car park close to the hotel costs approx. € 15 per day, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible
- Return transfer by minibus to Trier every day, departure 9 a.m., this costs € 50 per person incl. your bike, to be paid at the time, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Coblenz to Trier
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!