Itinerary at a glance
You should visit Wenceslas Square and the Karlsbrücke "Charles Bridge" in Prague before following the Vltava River to reach Melnik Castle. The Elbe Sandstone Mountains will captivate your gaze, as will the beauty of Dresden.
We recommend parking your car in Dresden. Afterwards you go by transfer to Prague. Welcome briefing in the eventing and distribution of rental bikes (if booked) in Prague. Overnight in Prague.
Today you cycle along the river Moldau. The strains of ascents are instantly rewarded by fast descents. Admire the mouth of Moldau and Elbe from the palace hill of Melnik. Melnik is the heart of the Bohemian wine growing area.
Via Roudnice you reach the fortress Terezin. From Terezin only a few kilometres have to be covered to reach the destination of today Litomerice with its beautiful houses. Overnight in Litomerice.
After only about 20 km you reach the city Usti nad Labem Aussig. On the way you can admire the ruin of the old fortress Schreckenstein (literally meaning "horror-castle") situated on the right bank on top of a 100 m high steep rock. In the afternoon you reach Decin. Overnight in Decin.
Today you cross the boarder to Germany and soon you see the first rocks of the Elbe sandstone massive. Past bizarre rock formations the Elbe flows past the fortress Königstein (King Stone). Visit the biggest fortification and enjoy the wonderful view into the Elb valley. Overnight in Pirna.
Past castle Pillnitz you cycle to Dresden. You pass the “blue wonder” and the palaces at the river. Due to the short route you have enough time for sight-seeing in the old city of Dresden.
Easy to medium level. From Prague to Melnik some climbs have to be managed, apart from that easy route along Elbe bike path. Some paths are unsurfaced in parts.
Prices and dates
Category: 3***- and 4****-Hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Prague, costs EUR 85 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, payable in advance, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Prague train station
- Prague airport
- Parking: garage in Prague approx. EUR 16/day, Hotel garage in Dresden, cost approx. 200/week, no reservation possible
- We recommend arriving to Dresden and going by minibus or by train to Prague
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not inclueded in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.