Itinerary at a glance
We recommend arriving early to Mainz! The Roman-Germanic central and the Gutenberg museum, the imperial palace and the elector castle should be visited.
Welcome to the UNESCO world cultural heritage Upper Middle Rhine valley! Your first stage leads you through soft vineyards and well-known wine villages. Here the Rhine still flows unhurried and shape small romantic island and expand his stream bed to a latitude of 800 m. If you want to visit Eltville or monastery Eberbach you have to cycle 15 km more. In Rüdesheim you have several possibilities: a wine tasting, an excursion through the well-known Drossel-vannel, a relaxed journey to the Niederwald monument by cable-car.
Gorgeous fortresses are awaiting you today! We recommend walking up the Loreley where you will have a beautiful view towards the romantic Rhine valley.
Your route leads you to Boppard where you can go by chair lift up into densely wooded and silent altitudes. Or you visit Marksburg and castle Stolzenfels on your way to Coblenz.
Other variations of this tour
You cycle really relaxed in most of the time flat terrain.
Prices & Dates
Category: comfortable middle-class hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minivan every Wednesday and Saturday from Coblenz to Mainz, departure approx. 12.30 am, costs EUR 65 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 40 reservation necessary, to be paid for in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Mainz train station
- Frankfurt airport
- Public multi-storey car parks with costs close to the hotel, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time
- Good train connections to Mainz
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry trips across the Rhine on your own, costs approx. € 2- 5,-/person incl. bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."