Itinerary at a glance
You start in the old Hanseatic city of Stralsund. Its former importance as a trading city can still be seen in the old town, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The island of Rügen, the largest in Germany, is quickly reached by train from Stralsund. On the outskirts of the city, on the 91-meter high Rugard the Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Tower, from which you have a beautiful view of the entire island of Rügen. Look forward to Rügen‘s largest seaside resort in Binz and to Rügen‘s longest pier in Sellin, which extends almost 400 metres into the sea. Today‘s destination, Göhren, awaits with long beaches of the finest sand imaginable.
The Mönchgut peninsula is surrounded but the Baltic Sea on three sides and is one of Rügen’s insider tips. The diverse landscape has a lot to offer and it means that you can spontaneously decide what you feel like doing: a relaxed day on the beach or small walk through sand dunes, moor land and forests. Whatever you pick, you are sure to enjoy it!
From Göhren with the „furious Roland“ to Putbus, from there to Glewitz. By ferry to Stahlbrode and further on to the old Hanseatic City Greifswald.
Keep going along the Baltic Seat o Lubmin with a great beach and a big pine forest. Then to Wolgast with its historical city center partly situated on an island.
You cycle along the „Krumminer Wiek“ to the Baltic resort of Zinnowitz and further along the coast. You will find many bathing spots on your way to Mellenthin or Heringsdorf.
The route takes you to the Stettin Lagoon today to Karnin, where the ferry takes you across the Stettin Lagoon to Kamp. You will continue by bike to Ueckermünde, the town offers a beautiful old town and an extensive sandy beach.
Often on level ground, sometimes hilly, but mostly along quiet country roads, cycle paths, field and forest trails and occasionally along sandy tracks, paved paths and even cobbles.
Prices and dates
Category: hotels at 3***-niveau
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN, FR, NL)
- 1 train ticket Stralsund – Bergen incl. bike
- 1 train ride with “Rasender Roland” Göhren– Putbus incl. bike
- 1 boat ride Karnin – Kamp incl. bike
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Stralsund every Sunday, costs EUR 89 per person, for your own bike additionally EUR 39, reservation necessary.
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Stralsund train station
- Hamburg, Berlin, Rostock-Laage or Heringsdorf airport
- Public car park at “Parkhaus am Meeresmuseum” with costs, approx. EUR 95 per week, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connection from Ueckermünde to Stralsund, approx. 2-3 hours, directly or 1 change
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Ferry Glewitz – Stahlbrode not incl., approx. EUR 2,50 per person incl. your bike
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.