Itinerary at a glance
From Arnhem, you'll cycle along the Dutch Rhine, passing through the gardens of Amerongen Castle, the Betuwe fruit region, and the windmills of Kinderdijk. In addition to Rotterdam, cities like Leerdam and Gorinchem also invite you for a leisurely stroll.
Plenty of parks invite you to stroll and linger. Shopping fans will get their money's worth in the popular shopping district. The city has an eventful history, as evidenced by the impressive memorials and monuments.
The cycle stage passes through Holland's oldest national park: Veluwezoom is a hilly landscape characterised by extensive forests and heathland. Historic country houses and old farms line the route. In contrast, fertile floodplains stretch south of the Rhine. You have reached your destination for the day in Wijk bij Duurstede. Many historical and cultural sights await you in this town on the Lower Rhine.
Today you leave the Lower Rhine. The route first takes you to picturesque Buren, the pearl of the Betuwe region. You continue to Leerdam. The tasty cheese is known far beyond its borders. The stage destination is the fortified town of Gorinchem. Situated on the banks of the rivers Linge, Merwede and Waal, Gorinchem is a picture-book Dutch town.
On this cycling stage, you will cross De Biesbosch National Park. A labyrinth of streams and small rivers stretches across more than 8,000 hectares. This unique natural paradise is a wonderful place to slow down. Dordrecht is the oldest city in Holland. The numerous monuments in the city centre bear witness to its historical past. Just a short distance and you will have completed today's stage in Papendrecht.
The picturesque windmills of Kinderdijk are today's highlight. The historic museum mills are a journey back to the 18th century. A postcard motif par excellence! In contrast to this is Rotterdam, the trendy and cool harbour metropolis. Modernisation is the focus here, and the skyline changes almost daily. Whether shopping, cosy dining, museum visits or simply strolling around: You will certainly not be bored in Rotterdam.
Your cycling holiday ends after breakfast. You start your journey home with a wealth of impressions. We are happy to book an extension to your stay in Rotterdam. Optional return journey with our cycle bus to Arnhem.
The easy route runs along dedicated cycle paths and dykes with little traffic. The route is generally well signposted and the condition of the route is excellent. A very easy cycle tour that is also ideal for beginners.
Prices and dates
Category: 3***- and 4**** hotels
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation as mentioned
- Luggage transfer (1 piece per person, max. of 23 kg)
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- App for Navigation and GPS-date
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by bike bus to Arnhem every Thursday at around 2pm, costs per person EUR 79, for own bike additionally EUR 39, reservation required, payable in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Arnheim train station
- Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Düsseldorf airport
- Hotel parking, costs approx. EUR 25 per day, payable on site, reservation required. Public car park near the hotel, costs approx. EUR 25 per day, no reservation possible
- Good train connections from Rotterdam to Arnheim
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.