Puster Valley - based in one hotel
The valley cycle paths of the Dolomites.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Individual arrival to the Upper Puster valley, to your start hotel in the heart of the Dolomites (Niederdorf/Toblach).
Starting from the highest point in Niederdorf/Toblach the bike paths leads along river Rienz through the villages of the valley to Bruneck. Visit castle Bruneck with the Messner Mountain Museum and the Folklore museum in Dietenheim. Ambitious cyclists have the possibility to continue to the valley Tauferer Ahrntal next to the river Ahr, the castle of Taufer (+ 30km) awaits you. Return transfer to the hotel in the afternoon.
After a transfer into valley Fischleintal, the starting point of today, you start your bike tour. Some well-known Dolomites peaks are greeting you during your tour through the Sextner valley. You cycle out of the valley to Innichen (famous roman dome!). After refreshment at the origin of river Drau you return to your hotel. Ambitious cyclists extend the tour – start from Kreuzbergpass, via Nemesalm and along Helm. For sporty cyclists, it is possible to climb a few more metres and return to the starting hotel via the Innichberg.
You leave Niederdorf/Toblach. First you reach Innichen, afterwards you cross the Italian-Austrian border in the near of Winnebach. Comfortable cycling to Lienz, which is located at the meeting of rivers Isel and Drau. Worth-seeing is the old city and castle Bruck. Return transfer to the hotel in the afternoon.
Tomorrow a transfer will take you to Cortina. Going along a unique route, where former railway tunnels are lit up for cyclists, you will reach the high point in Gemärk/Cimabanche. From there, you will descend slightly to Lake Dürren and then continue going further along to the viewpoint of the Drei Zinnen, where you can enjoy looking at these fantastic, world famous mountains. You will cycle along the valley bottom until you get to Lake Toblach before returning to the hotel. If you are feeling ambitious you can cycle from Niederdorf/Toblach to Cortina and back (60-70km).
After breakfast transfer to your starting point in the Gsieser valley. This valley is coined through traditional farm houses, silence and tranquillity. In Welsberg you can visit the palace or you plan a stop in Niederdorf where you will find facilities for treatments according to Kneipp.
An easy bike tour, also adequate for families. You cycle on valley bike paths without noteworthy climbs. You can choose the daily kilometres and adapt the transfer by minibus or train most of the time. Furthermore you can also rest for a day. For sporty guests there are more demanding variants.
Category: 3***S or 4**** hotel in Niederdorf/Toblach
- Accomodations as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Half board: Min. three-course-dinner
- Welcome briefing (GE, EN, IT)
- Well-developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, IT with maps, route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers)
- Transfers as mentioned in the program (transfers can vary depending on arrival)
- GPS tracks available
- Transfer by shuttle bus from Venice/Mestre to Niederdorf/Toblach every Saturday, additionally Wednesday in June, July and August, costs € 65 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary, min. 2 persons
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station Niederdorf and Toblach
- Airport Treviso and Venice Marco Polo
- Car park free of charge at the hotel or close to the hotel on a public car park
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!