Arrival to Cabras
Welcome briefing and handing over of rental bicycles only on Saturdays at 5 pm. On any other days you will find the travel documents and bicycles deposited in your arrival hotel.
On your first cycling day you can do an optional tour through the fascinating countryside of Sinis peninsula, where many bird species have their sanctuary. Observe colonies of pink flamingos, discover the ruins of Tharros or visit one of the beatiful besches. Afterwards you will pass the medieval village of Oristano and cycle further on to Arborea.
You cycle through the native countryside of Costa Verde. On your way to Arbus you pass the beach Piscinas with 50 m high dunes.
Mining tradition on Sardinia: today you immerse into the past. Past the ancient mines of Ingortosu and Planusartu, which were the largest of Europe at their time, you reach the beach of Portixeddu. You will never forget the view to the sea and the rock Pan di Zuccero (sugar-bread). Nebida, where you will stay tonight, sits on the steep rock coast high above the sea.
Cycle downhill along the scenic coast to Fontanamare and Portoscuso. Here you take the ferry to island San Pietro, where the red tuna-fish still is caught. From Carloforte the ferry takes you to the island Sant’Antioco and you reach Calasetta.
Enjoy a day cycling through the vineyards, olive fields and wonderful lush meadows of Sulcis. Visit the Romanesque cathedral Santa Maria in little village Tratalias before you reach San'Anna Arresi.
Along scenic Costa del Sud with white sandy beaches, crystal clear water and rough rocky coastlines. Pass the tower of Capo Malfatano from the 16th century and visit the ancient Phoenician settlement Nora. Continue to little town Pula.
Departure or extra days
After breakfast the tour is completed, stay for some more days.
Three cycle days are easy (predominantly flat to slightly undulating), 2 stages are medium with a couple of smaller climbs and 1 cycle day is difficult with longer climbs. These can be avoided by using a transfer service. Basically good cycle fitness is required to really enjoy yourself. You cycle along the wild and deserted south-west coast of Sardinia. Breath-taking views guaranteed!
| Season 1 |
07.01.2023 - 30.06.2023
02.09.2023 - 30.12.2023
| Season 2 |
01.07.2023 - 01.09.2023
|Sardinia, 8 days, Cat. A, IT-SARSP-08A|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||319.00||319.00|
|Sardinia, 8 days, Cat. B, IT-SARSP-08B|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||219.00||219.00|
Category A: bookable from 27.05.23 - 14.10.23, 3*** & 4**** hotels
Category B: bookable from 07.01.23 - 30.12.23, 3*** Hotels
You can book extra nights in Cabras and Pula. Prices upon request.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Personal welcome briefing (possible in English only, sometimes per telephone)
- Detailed travel documents in digital form 1x per room (EN)
- Luggage transfer
- Service-Hotline (possible in English only)
- Transfers (minimum 2 persons), reservation is necessary, to be paid for at the time, transportation for the own bike EUR 10 / bike
- Cagliari - Cabras EUR 89,- / person
- Alghero - Cabras EUR 125,- / person
- Oristano - Cabras EUR 29 ,- / person
- Pula - Cagliari EUR 59 ,- / person
- Pula - Cabras EUR 109,- / person
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Cagliari Airport
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- For E-bike rental deposit required by credit card on site
- Ferry ticket to Carloforte & Calasetta to be organized on your own
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!