Jewel of the Mediterranean Sea.
Arrival to Cabras
Welcome briefing and handing over of rental bicycles only on Saturdays at 5 pm. On any other days you will find the travel documents and bicycles deposited in your arrival hotel.
You cycle through the fascinating countryside of Sinis peninsula, where many bird species have their sanctuary. Observe colonies of pink flamingos.
You cycle through the native countryside of Costa Verde. On your way to Arbus you pass the beach Piscinas with 50 m high dunes.
Mining tradition on Sardinia: today you immerse into the past. Past the ancient mines of Ingortosu and Planusartu, which were the largest of Europe at their time, you reach the beach of Portixeddu. You will never forget the view to the sea and the rock Pan di Zuccero (sugar-bread). Nebida, where you will stay tonight, sits on the steep rock coast high above the sea.
Cycle downhill along the scenic coast to Fontanamare and Portoscuso. Here you take the ferry to island San Pietro, where the red tuna-fish still is caught. From Carloforte the ferry takes you to the island Sant’Antioco and you reach Calasetta.
Enjoy a day cycling through lush meadows of Sant’Antioco. Visit the Romanesque cathedral Santa Maria in little village Tratalias and cycle around Lake Monte Pranu before you reach San’Anna Arresi
Along scenic Costa del Sud with white sandy beaches, crystal clear water and rough rocky coastlines. Pass the tower of Capo Malfatano from the 16th century and visit the ancient Phoenician settlement Nora. Continue to little town Pula.
Departure or extra days
After breakfast the tour is completed, stay for some more days.
Three cycle days are easy (predominantly flat to slightly undulating), 2 stages are medium with a couple of smaller climbs and 1 cycle day is difficult with longer climbs. These can be avoided by using a transfer service. Basically good cycle fitness is required to really enjoy yourself. You cycle along the wild and deserted south-west coast of Sardinia. Breath-taking views guaranteed!
| Season 1 |
04.01.2020 - 26.06.2020
05.09.2020 - 26.12.2020
| Season 2 |
27.06.2020 - 04.09.2020
|Sardinia, 8 days, IT-SARSP-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||149.00||149.00|
Category: good 3*** hotels & accommodations with 3*** niveau
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast or extended breakfast
- Personal welcome briefing and handing over of rental bikes on arrival day (only in English)
- Detailed travel document
- Luggage transport between the hotels
- Service-Hotline (mostly only in English)
- Transfers (minimum 2 persons), reservation is necessary, to be paid for at the time, transportation for the own bike EUR 10 / bike
- Cagliari - Cabras EUR 65
- Alghero - Cabras EUR 90
- Oristano - Cabras EUR 20
- Pula - Cagliari EUR 40
- Pula - Cabras EUR 85
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Cagliari Airport
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- For E-bike rental deposit required by credit card on site
- Ferry ticket to Carloforte & Calasetta not included
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!