Warsaw – Gdansk
Along Vistula River to the Baltic Sea.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Mindestteilnehmerzahl: 4
Arrival in Warsaw
Individual arrival in Warsaw. At 5.15 pm welcome briefing in the arrival hotel. Optional: Guided stroll through the old town of Warsaw with dinner in a cosy restaurant.
After breakfast train or bus ride from Warsaw to Sochaczew. Before noon you will cycle to Żelazowa Wola and visit the birthplace of Frederic Chopin (optional). At midday you can listen to Chopin music Recital. Afterwards you will cycle through Kampinos national park and further through small and beautiful villages between the rivers Vuistula and Bzura. Then you will reach the town of Wyszogród, where you can visit the Vistula museum (optional). In the afternoon transfer to Płock.
After your breakfast guided visit of Płock (optional). Before noon transfer to Włocławek, from here you will cycle along Vistula towards Thorn/Toruń. On your way you will take the ferry in Nieszawa. The stage ends in the most famous spa town of Poland – Ciechocinek, where you can visit the graduation works and spa facilities. Then short transfer to Toruń/Thorn, the birthplace of Copernicus. Dinner in the old town of Toruń/Thorn.
After breakfast guided city tour (optional) through the old town of Toruń/Thorn incl. the visit of Church of St. Mary and the Church of St. John. Then you will start cycling in Vistula valley, partly on an old railway track until you reach the palace of Bierzgłowski. In the afternoon you will cycle through forests and fields to Ostromecko where you will visit the palace.
You will start cycling along Vistula to Chelmno/Kulm, where you can have a lunch break at the old market. In the afternoon you will continue cycling to Grudziądz/Graudenz. The town´s landmark are 26 historical granaries from the 16th and 17th century, which can be seen from Vistula bridge. In this time Poland shipped crop on the river to Gdansk. From the old town you will enjoy a beautiful view onto the river.
After breakfast short transfer to Kwidzyn/Marienwerder. Then along the dyke with view on lush meadows and apart farmsteads to Biala Gora/Weißenberg, where Vistula splits – you will follow the right arm called Nogat and reach Malbork/Marienburg soon. One of the highlights of this stage is definitely the huge castle, once see of the German Chivalric Order.
After breakfast you will visit the castle in Marienburg. Then transfer from Marienburg to Tczew/Kiezmark. In the afternoon the cycle route follows Motlawa/Mottlau until you reach the green door of Gdansk – a beautiful stage through the land of the Mennonites. „Vorlaubenhäuser“ and lots of drainage channels remind of the former settlers. You can do a one hour guided stroll through the hanseatic city of Gdansk with dinner in the old town (optional) or just enjoy the city by your own.
Departure or extension
You will cycle through diverse landscapes without many ascents and through meadows and forests along Vistula river.
| Season 1 |
03.06.2023 - 09.09.2023
|Warsaw – Gdansk , 8 days, PL-WERWD-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||190.00|
Category: 3*** hotels, 1x typical hotel and 1x palace hotel
| Season 1 |
Jun 3, 2023 - Sep 9, 2023
|Double room p. P.||65.00|
|Surcharge single room||25.00|
|Double room p. P.||65.00|
|Surcharge single room||29.00|
- Accomodation as already mentioned
- 5x half board (Warsaw and Gdansk only B&B)
- Luggage transfer
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- German or English speaking bus attendant (2nd day to 7th day)
- 1 visit of palace in Ostromecko
- 1 guided tour in the castle of Marienburg
- Transfer according to the program
- Transfer Warsaw airport – hotel on request (price depends on number of persons)
- Transfer Warsaw train station – hotel on request (price depends on number of persons)
- Departure package Gdansk (Transfer hotel – train station + train ticket Gdansk – Berlin, EUR 75 per person.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Warsaw train station
- Warsaw airport
- Parking at arrival hotel in Warsaw approx. € 18 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid on the spot; Guarded parking next to the train station approx. € 12 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid on the spot
Things to note:
- Ferry ride on river Weichsel in Nieszawa not included in tour price.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Valid identification card is necessary