From glacier to wine.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
The main valley in the Valais widens, sun warms the dry mountain slopes. Between Leuk and Sierre an unruly part of the Rhone, and the Pfynwald, a nature reserve on a huge mound of glacier detritus; this natural park marks also the borderline between german and french spaking Valais.
The capital Sion shows its historic castles, churches and mansions. The lower Rhonetal is dominated by the high-alpine scenery of the Dents du Midi. A world of fertile fruit orchards and vineyards.
From the heights, a round tower guards Martigny on its bend in the Rhone. At the valley’s narrowest point, St-Maurice guards golden church treasures. High mountains and lowlands, Lac Léman hidden behind reeds and defiant Schloss Chillon on the water.
Lac Léman, a small silver sea surrounded by snowy summits and vineyards, e.g. UNESCO World Heritage Lavaux. Along the shores: Vevey, Montreux, and the metropolis of Lausanne, «Olympia City» and nerve centre of the people of Vaud.
Above the terraced La Côte vineyards, below on the lake the market towns of Morges, Rolle, Nyon. Open shore becomes rarer, villas and yachts larger, soon cosmopolitan Geneva greets us with boulevards and its 140m-high water fountain «Jet d'eau».
The route guides you the most time downwards with few increases. Starting at Brig the route remains flat and easy to cycle.
Category A: 4****-hotels and 3***-hotels
Category B: 3***-hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transport between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Brig train station
- Zurich airport
- Public car park in Brig costs approx. CHF 8 per day, no reservation possible, to pe paid for at the time.
- Good train connections from Genf to Brig
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!