World of mysteries in the Swiss “Wild West”.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
With the bustle of Basel still in your ears, climb the first Jura heights, find your stride along the richly wooded waters of La Lucelle, the Swiss-French border, and dive into the gently rolling Ajoie countrys
On the side of the next Jura chain, medieval St. Ursanne awaits on the banks of the mysterious Doubs. Another sweat-inducing climb to the high Freiberge, wide, peaceful countryside with pastures, pine trees and grazing cattle and horses.
Optional Train ride to La Cibourg and then a ride into the centre of La Chaux-de-Fonds. The lively metropolis of measuring time is a UNESCO world heritage site. From here, your path leads through the moor of Les Ponts-des-Martel to Travers or Couvet.
You continue your ride along the trail of the Green Fairy through the Val-de-Travers. Ste-Croix and L'Auberson are known for making beautiful jukeboxes, music boxes and artificial puppetiers.
You continue your ride along the trail of the Green Fairy through the Val-de-Travers. Ste-Croix and L'Auberson are known for making beautiful jukeboxes, music boxes and artificial puppetiers
Up to Col du Marchairuz. Here you will find hundreds of ant hills and artistically placed stone walls in the tranquil Parc jurassien vaudoise. Finally, you can relax and gently rolldown into the serenity of Lay Léman.
Departure or extension
The Jura-Route with its diverse topographyis aimed at athletic bikers. It has an almost «exotic» character and leads through little known landscapes in the scarcely populated border country of France. Longers and steeper slopes can usually be bypassed by train or chairlift including bike transport.
The tour is almost entirely done on asphalt streets and is therefore perfect for racing bikes. For those who like it a little more leisurely, we recommend an electric bike
Kategorie: 3*** und 4**** Hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transport between the hotels
- Detail travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French) è Sprache angeben! with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Ticket for the watch museum in La Chaux-de-Fonds
- GPS-data available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Basel train station
- Basel-Mulhouse airport
- Parking in Basel is very expensive! Cheaper alternative: parking at the Airport Basel-Mulhouse (with direct bus connection to the Basel SBB train station, approx. 30 min)
- Return journey by train from Nyon to Basel
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!