itinerary at a glance
Arrival in the "Three River City". Passau attracts many with the world's greatest church organ at the Stephansdom and its charming Old Town. Embarkation will be around 4:00 pm, departure around 7 pm. Enjoy your first dinner on board and an evening sail to Engelhartszell.
The day starts in Engelhartszell (the only Trappist monastery in Austria), where we head towards the "Great Loop" - one of the most beautiful and original sectors of the Danube. Your cycling will encounter small villages and cosy must-see taverns. You'll board again in
Aschach. Then, you "sail into the night" towards
You should be sure to see the most famous places of interest like the St. Stephens Cathedral, the Hofburg, the gorgeous boulevard "Ringstraβe" with the Burgtheater, the State Opera House or the town hall that takes you back to the past. In the night shipping to Budapest.
In the early morning, you enjoy the panoramic view of the Danube's gorgeous landscape on the Sundeck. The gateway to Budapest is overwhelming, as many of the famous tourist features are situated directly next to the river bank. In the afternoon you can explore the numerous attractions of the city. Nearby, you find the Margaretheninsel which is outstandingly qualified for a small bike tour or the charming town of Szentendre with Mediterranean atmosphere and lively art life. In the night shipping to Visegrad.
The Danube bend is definitely a delightful part and is called the Hungarian Wachau. Today's bike leg starts at Visegrad with its famous fortress and the ruins of the former palace. You cycle through the picturesque countryside via the Szentendre Peninsula to the baroque village of Vác, which has been influenced by the architects of the Austrian empress Maria Theresia. Via small Hungarian villages you return to Visegrad. In the afternoon shipping to Bratislava.
Arrival at Bratislava in the morning. Today discover the small lively capital of Slovakia. Tip: Enjoy a magnificent panoramic view from the castle and take a ride on a mini train through the enchanting old town. Alternatively, explore the city during a guided bike tour. In the night shipping to Rossatz or Dürnstein (Wachau).
Your last biking day is a special highlight! Amidst small dreamy villages, apricot trees, vineyards, castles, monasteries and ruins, this gentle hilly landscape enchants everybody. A powerful ruin looms above the small Baroque town of Dürnstein, while the blue tower of the monastery church is a landmark of Wachau. In the small village of Pöchlarn you will board again. After the farewell gala dinner, you start “sailing” back to Passau.
Every journey draws to an end. Once again you enjoy on deck the first sunbeams and the peaceful silence of the Danube Valley. Take a last sight at the Schlögener Schlinge ("Great Loop") before you arrive relaxed at Passau.
Arrival: approx. at 11 am, disembarkation half an hour later. We recommend to book train connections from approx. 1:30 pm onwards.
Flat and slightly downhill, for relaxed cycling, suitable for beginners and children.
Prices & Dates
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Program according to itinerary from/to Passau
- 7 nights in outside cabins in the booked cabin category
- 1 welcome drink
- Full meals (7x breakfast, 6x packed lunch for cyclists or lunch snack on board, 6x afternoon coffee break, 6x 3-course-dinner and 1x farewell-dinner with farewell-drink)
- On board tour guide incl. daily tour briefing
- Daily cabin cleaning, change of bed linen and towels as needed
- 1 route book per cabin
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Bringing your own bike/electric bike: €29,- (on request only, limited)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Passau train station, approx. 5 km from the jetty
- Parking lot (fenced outdoor area) incl. transfer to the ship and back, reservation necessary
Things to note
- Minmum number of participants: 80 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."