Passau-Budapest-Passau, MS Fortuna
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 50 people
Arrival in Passau
Boarding time at 4.30 p.m. Located at the confluence of Danube, Inn and Ilz, Passau has numerous interesting sites to visit. Use your free time and stroll through the cobblestoned Old Town centre, listen to the bells of Passau’s Gothic Town Hall or have a look at the world’s largest Catholic Church organ in the Passau Cathedral. At 6.00 p.m. cast off!
Your first day’s tour begins with a ride through the classic scenery of the ‘Great Loop’ Donauschlinge - one of the most beautiful sections of the Danube. Along the way you will encounter tiny villages and cozy cider taverns. In Austria’s only Trappist monastery at Engelhartszell you can taste their delicious liquors and cheese. The famous ‘Schlogener View’ provides a wonderful panorama of the surrounding Austrian countryside. The boat welcomes all cyclists back on board in the charming market town of Aschach.
You pedal along the former ‘Iron Curtain’, cross the green line and reach the imposing Imperial Schlosshof Palace with its beautifully terraced gardens. Follow the bike path through Austria’s ‘vegetable garden’ to the coronation town Bratislava and the slopes of the Little Carpathians and discover the hidden alleyways and sights of Bratislava on an optional city tour.
The entrance to Budapest, Hungary's capital is stunning. Savour the beauty of Budapest during a coach tour or a guided bike tour (optional) to discover many of the highlights of this beautiful city. You can also choose to cycle to the charming town of Szentendre with its Mediterranean atmosphere and lively art scene. You will get a very close experience of Hungarian culture at an evening Folklore show with traditional music, local appetizers and dance (optional).
Situated in the middle of the Danube River the idyllic isle of Szentendre exudes silent Puszta romance. History, folklore and Hungarian way of life will accompany you on your way to Esztergom where the gorgeous basilica – Hungary’s largest Catholic Church – impresses its guests
ViennaDay at rest
Discover Vienna's most beautiful attractions. During a city tour by bike or bus (optional) you will experience Vienna’s most famous examples of architecture: the imperial Hofburg, St. Stephens Cathedral, the gorgeous ‘Ring’-boulevard and the State Opera House, the Burgtheater and town hall, and of course the colourful "Hundertwasserhaus". Take time to relax in one or more of Vienna’s famous cafés, while the evening ends impressively at a classical concert (optional) at a famous
Your last biking day is a special highlight! A powerful ruin looms above the small
Baroque town of Durnstein, while the blue spire of the monastery church is a landmark of the renowned Wachau Valley. Amidst dreamy towns, apricot trees, vineyards and castles, this hilly landscape enchants everybody who visits. In Weißenkirchen (possibility for wine-tasting – optional) you will find comfortable wine taverns along the bike path.
As you cruise back up the Danube enjoy the early morning sunshine as you wind your way to Passau, where you’ll disembark at approx. 10.00 a.m. Connecting travel should be booked for 11.30 a.m. onwards.
The Danube cycle path leads trough terrain with only slightly gradients. Do not
feel like cycling? Without effort you will also reach your destination by ship.
- 7 nights in outside cabins with private facilities and air conditioning
- Port Charges
- Program according to itinerary from/to Passau
- Captain‘s greeting and welcome cocktail
- Daily cabin cleaning, towels and bed linen
- Full board: breakfast buffet, lunch onboard (non-cyclists) or packed lunch
(cyclists), afternoon coffee break, dinner (2/3 dishes to choose), late night
- Gala dinner and farewell cocktail
- Farewell crew show
- Daily live music
- Cruise director onboard (does not cycle with the group)
- Daily information meeting
- Detailed roadbook per cabin
Arrival / Parking / Departure :
- Parking space (outdoor but fenced) in Passau incl. shuttle transfer to/from pier EUR 68 (registration form in the travel documents or online, payable locally)
- Parking garage (covered) incl. shuttle transfer to/from pier EUR 79 (registration form in the travel documents or online, payable locally)
- Transfer airport Munich – Passau harbour approx. EUR 69 oneway und approx. EUR 119 return per person, reservation necessary
Minimum number of participants:
- min. 50 people (up to 28 days prior to departure)
Things to note :
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
This tour has 7 more variations
Step on board into a stylish and luxurious atmosphere. From the bright and airy Panorama Salon, the comfortable Bar or the Sun Deck (in some areas roofed over) enjoy the picturesque riverside scenery as the ship glides through the water. In the elegant Panorama Restaurant our trained crew will pamper you with local and international specialities.