Arrival to Passau
Boat ride: Passau – Engelhartszell
Individual arrival to Passau. Embarkation is at around 5pm. In the evening, you cruise to Engelhartszell. Enjoy your evening aboard.
Cycling: Engelhartszell – Brandstatt | Boat: Brandstatt – Bratislava
You start today's cycle tour from Engelhartszell where there is the only Trappist monastery in Austria and you cycle along the romantic river landscape of the Danube loop, which is one of the most beautiful sections of the river. In charming Brandstatt, you can get back aboard the boat again. In the night, you cruise to Bratislava where you will arrive at about midday.
Bratislavaapprox. 55 km
Boat: Bratislava – Budapest (at night)
The cycle ride goes from Bratislava via Hainburg to Hof castle with its gorgeous terrace garden and via Devin back to Bratislava. Bratislava, Slovakia's capital, can be experienced during a vespertine city tour through hidden alleys and squares. In the night, you cruise to Budapest.
Cycling: Round trip Szentendre | Boat: Budapest – Visgrad (at night)
In the early morning, you can enjoy a panoramic view of the Danube's gorgeous landscape from the sun deck. The gateway to Budapest is overwhelming, as many of the famous tourist features are situated directly next to the river bank. In the afternoon you can explore the city on a city tour by coach and by foot (optional). Nearby, you find the Margaretheninsel which is outstandingly qualified for a small bike tour or the charming town of Szentendre with Mediterranean atmosphere and lively art life. In the evening you can enjoy Budapest by night with folklore program (opt.) In the night, you cruise to to Visegrad.
Bike: Visegrad – Esztergom | Boat: Esztergom – Vienna (at night)
Today there is a morning cruise through the picturesque, slightly hilly landscape of the Danube bend – also known as Hungarian Wachau – to Esztergom. Here you have two options: the longer route includes a detour to Szentendre Island and the baroque city Vác. The short route brings you directly to Esztergom where there is a precious basilica. In the night, you cruise to Vienna.
Boat: Vienna/Nussdorf – Wachau (at night)
Make sure you visit the best sites in Vienna like St. Stephens cathedral and the Hofburg. You can take a city tour by bike or by coach/foot (optional, not included). The gorgeous boulevard "Ringstraβe" with the Burgtheater, the State Opera House and the town hall all take you back to the past. The evening ends impressively with a Waltz and Operetta concert (optional, not included). In the nigh, you cruise to Rossatz or Dürnstein (Wachau).
Cycling: Wachau/Rossatz – Melk – Pöchlarn | Boat: Pöchlarn – Passau (at night)
Your last day's cycle tour is a special highlight! Amidst small dreamy villages, apricot trees, vineyards, castles, monasteries and ruins, this gentle hilly landscape enchants everybody. A powerful ruin looms above the small Baroque town of Dürnstein, while the blue tower of the monastery church is a landmark of Wachau. In Spitz (possibility for a wine-tasting – optional) you will find comfy wine taverns right along the bike path. You owe it to yourself to take a break! You’ll board again in the small village Pöchlarn. After the farewell gala dinner, you start “sailing” back to Passau.
You arrive in Passau relaxed and rested around 10am. Disembarkation around 10.30am. Individual trip home. We recommend to book any travel connections from noon onwards.
Flat and slightly downhill, for relaxed cycling, suitable for beginners and children.
- Program as mentioned in the itinerary from/to Passau
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet/air-condition in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast, small lunch or lunch package for your bike tours, coffee and cake in the afternoon, 3-course dinner
- Welcome of the captain and welcome drink
- Daily live music
- Farewell dinner with cocktail
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- change of towels and bed linen if required
- Daily bike tour briefings
- 1x route book for self-guided tours per cabin
- On board tour guidance
- Port fees included
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Passau main station is about 5km from the pier
- Parking space (fenced area) incl. transfer parking space – boat – parking space € 66 per week
Park garage incl. transfer park garage – boat – park garage €77 per week
(Application form in your travel documents, pay there)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
- Timetable and program are subject to change. At times of extreme flooding or low water the boat company reserves the right to transport you by bus or to cancel the whole tour. There is no demand against that (water level is subject to force majeure clause). This is also the case for unforeseeable incidents like the reparation of a water gate/bridge or if the boat's engine were to breakdown.
- Please bear in mind that your boat is your hotel on the one hand and motor-driven transport on the other hand. It has to move on at night as well. If you are sensitive to noise please bring earplugs with you.
This tour has 1 more variant
Enjoy a great bike tour where you get to sleep on board a boat each evening. The MS Normandie is a very middle-class barge with a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.