Passau - Budapest - Passau, MS Wolga
Danube Cycle Path, MS Wolga
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival at Passau
Arrive at fenced-in car park until 4 pm or arrival at Passau main station by 4.45 pm (e.g. arrival with train ICE 27). Bus transfer from car park or from main station to the ship available (for an additional charge) or individual arrival to the ship. Welcome-coffee and cake starting at 4 pm on the ship; Welcome dinner with introduction of the crew. Cast off, at 8 pm!
Distribution of bicycle rentals at Schlögen Bend in the morning. Individual
cycling tour through the uninhabited narrow valley near Kaiserau to
Ottensheim and further on to Linz (European Capital of Culture 2009).
Individual visit museum of Egon Schiele and garden exhibition (with 65
gardens) in Tulln. Followed by a cycle tour from Tulln (“city of flowers”), with a wonderful view on the foothills of the Viennese Wood (Wiener Wald), past Klosterneuburg (monastery – Austrian Escorial) to Vienna. Individual sightseeing in Vienna or respectively city tour by bike (95 % on cycle tracks / description available on board). At booking the optional excursion package: guided city tour by bus “Vienna by night” (at 8.30 pm).
Depart from Komárom, cycling on the left bank through small, dreamy places
on the very beautiful, car-free causeway, partially directly along the Danube
past Moča to Esztergom. Cruise through the Danube knee.
At booking the optional excursion package: In the morning city tour by bus in Budapest directly from the boat landing station (approx. 3 hrs). In the afternoon possibility on 100 % car-free cycle-ways to the pedestrian area for strolling and shopping or further to the island Margareten, the very beautiful recreation area in the middle of the city. Bike trip on the 8 km long car-free island Margareten. Back to the ship with eventual stop on the foothills of the castle district (22 km flat, according to the detailed information sheet).
At booking the optional excursion package: Guided city walk through the
historical centre of Bratislava (1 h). Afterwards on the Danube cycling route to Devin/national memorial of Slovakia. Cross the new cycling bridge to Austria, to the magnificent palace of the Empress Maria Theresia, castle Hof (A) (significant Baroque gardens, staterooms, etc.), over the new bike bridge and back to Bratislava.
Along the Danube cycling path in the Wachau from Krems (UNESCO world
cultural heritage) via Dürnstein to Melk (monastery) and further on to
Arrival in Passau at around 8 am – After breakfast (at approx. 9 am) bus
transfer to the main train station or to the car parking lot (if booked).
Flat and slightly downhill, for relaxed cycling, suitable also for beginners.
- 7 nights in a double cabin with SHW/WC/AC in the booked category
- daily all inclusive board: breakfast buffet, 3-course lunch or packed lunch for cyclers, afternoon coffee/tea and cake, 4-course dinner, midnight snack
- welcome coffee/tea and cake on arrival day
- non-alcoholic beverages: soft drinks, filter coffee, tea from 8.00 to 24.00
- alcoholic beverages: house wine, draught beer from 8.00 to 24.00
- all harbour dues
- daily personal route information for the following cycling day
- detailed route description & cycling maps
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Passau main station is about 5 km away from the pier
- Arrival by train: from each train station transfer, park garage - boat - park garage €106 (details on request)
- Parking space (fenced area) incl. transfer parking space – boat – parking space € 66 per week
- Park garage incl. transfer park garage – boat – park garage €77 per week (Application form in your travel documents, pay there)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
- Timetable and program are subject to change. At times of extreme flooding or low water the boat owning company is allowed to transport you by bus or to cancel the whole tour. There is no demand against that (water level is subject to force majeure clause). This is also the case for unforeseeable incidents like the reparation of a water gate/bridge or in case of an engine breakdown of the boat.
- Please keep in mind that your boat is your hotel on the one hand and motor-driven transport on the other hand. It has to move on at night as well. If you are sensitive to noise, please bring earplugs with you.
This tour has 1 more variation
The comfortable middle-class-ship MS Wolga enjoyed a general renovation in 1992/93 and frequent ongoing modernizations. It runs under the Ukrainian flag.