Koblenz - Mainz, MS Olympia
Pleasure Cycling on the Rhine River
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Mindestteilnehmerzahl: 75
Arrival in Koblenz
Individual arrival and embarkation between 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm;On the ship, you will be welcomed by your captain and crew and the tour managemen
You begin your first cycle tour at the gate to the Upper Mid-dle Rhine Valley, in the historic city ofKoblenz. Surrounded by vineyards and castle ruins, cycle alongside the Rhine River in the direction of Boppard
From Boppard, start off for a cycle tour that leads along the Rhine to Oberwesel. On this short trip, you come by many scenic outposts from where you have the possibility to enjoy the varied landscape. From the bank of the river, the many fortresses and the legendary Loreley cliff offer a picturesque backdrop all along the way
Today`s cycle tour starts in Oberwesel. Ridingpast slate cliffs and through thick forests,on your way you pass sights likethePfalzgrafenstein Castle near Kaub and the Nie-derwaldMonument before reaching today`s destination, the wine town of Bingen.Here we suggest that you visit the world-famous Drosselgasse.
On this stretch, the Rhine River shows off again all of its beauty. On your way, you ride past Eltville am Rhein. The town`s landmark, the Electoral Castle, is well worth a visit. Mainz, today`s destination, is home tonumerousimpressive buildings. You may want to visit St Martin`s Cathedral, one oftheproud imperial cathedrals in Germany, or the Electoral Palace. Lined with beautiful half-timbered buildings and wine taverns, pretty narrowlanes and marvellous squares like theAugustinerstraße and the Kirschgarten Square invite you for a stroll through the Old Town.
A short leg of the journey with lots of time to indulge: directly alongside the Rhine, you cycle on the well-paved Rhine Cycle Route to Nierstein. With almost 1.000 hectaresof vineyard surface area, Nierstein is the biggest wine-growing municipality on the Rhine. You may also want to visit the historic Old Town with its medieval market square and the noble houses. In the afternoon, enjoy the boat tour from Nierstein to Worms
Start off for today`s cycle tour in Worms, the city of the Nibelungs. On an extensive cycle tour alongside the bank of the Rhine River, you will have again the possibility to fall forthe charmsofthe vineyards andto enjoy the scenery along the Rhine. Coming from the south, you cycle towards Nierstein, also referred to asthe Riesling City. From there, your ship sets sail for Mainz
After breakfast, disembarkation until 09:00 am.
Most of the stretches are paved or as-phalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes with-out any gradients of note. Nearly all cycle tours canbe classified as being easy.
| Season 1 |
07.10.2022 | 03.06.2023 |
|Bike & Boat Along the river Rhine - Koblenz - Mainz, main deck, MS Olympia, 8 days, DE-RHSKE-08-H|
|Base price|| |
|Bike & Boat Along the river Rhine - Koblenz - Mainz, upper deck, MS Olympia, 8 days, DE-RHSKE-08-O|
|Base price|| |
|Discount 2-bed-cabin astern||-50.00|
|Surcharge 1-bed cabin||150.00|
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||50%|
- Program according to tour itinerary
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours or lunch snack, 6x coffee and cake in the afternoon, 7x 3- or 4-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Rental bicycle at arrival 17.04. and 16.10. inclusive
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, bridge and lock fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours on board
- 1 route book for self-guided tours
- Tour representative on board
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Koblenz train station: approx. 3 km from the pier.
- Public parking garage near the pier in Koblenz from about € 125,-/week and free commuter parking outside. From there you can take the public bus to the city. No reservation possible.
- Please note: In Koblenz, the car cannot be loaded or unloaded in front of the ship!
- Return trips to Koblenz: By train in 2 hours for approx. € 25,- (bookable on site).
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here! .
This tour has 1 more variation
Comfortable and cosy river ship with family environment. The ship was refurbished in 2015/2016.