itinerary at a glance
Individual arrival in Mainz and embarkation at 4.00 pm. On the ship, you will be welcomed by your captain and crew and the tour management.
A short leg of the journey with lots of time to indulge: directly alongside the Rhine, you cycle on the well-paved Rhine Cycle Route to Nierstein. With almost 1.000 hectares of vineyard surface area, Nierstein is the biggest wine-growing municipality on the Rhine. You may also visit the historic Old Town with its medieval market square and the noble houses. In the afternoon, enjoy the boat tour from Nierstein to Worms.
Start off for today`s cycle tour in Worms, the city of the Nibelungs. On an extensive cycle tour alongside the bank of the Rhine River, you will have again the possibility to fall for the charms of the vineyards and to enjoy the varied scenery of the Rhine. Today, you cycle from the south towards Nierstein, also referred to as the Riesling City. From there, your ship sets sail for Mainz.
Today the Rhine River and its surrounding area show you the reason why the Upper Middle Rhine Valley has been declared UNESCO World Heritage. Beautiful Rhine islands, steep slate cliffs and vineyards characterize the area around Rüdesheim. On the biketour, cycle past Eltville with electoral castle,and Oestrich-Winkel, whose landmark is a historic wine loading crane, toRüdesheim. Here we suggest that you visit the world-famous Drosselgasse.
In the morning, start off from Rüdesheim by bike.Past thick forests and gorgeous vineyards, riding always alongside the Rhine, you will pass sights like the NiederwaldMoument and PfalzgrafensteinCastle, before reaching Oberwesel, today`s destination
From Oberwesel, you start for a short cycle tour along the Rhine to Boppard. On this short trip, you come by many scenic outposts from where you have the possibility to enjoy the varied landscape. From the bank of the river, the many fortresses and the legendary Loreley cliff offer a picturesque backdrop all along the way
Cycle from Boppard to Koblenz, today`s destination. Here the Moselle River joins the Rhine. One last time, cycle past impres-sive buildings like the Marksburg Castle in Braubach and StolzenfelsCastle. Let the day come to an end at the Deutsche Eck, the German Corner, or ride to the Ehrenbreitstein Fortress and enjoy the fantastic panoramic viewover the city of Koblenz
After breakfast, disembarkation until 09:00 am.
Most of the stretches are paved or as-phalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes with-out any gradients of note. Nearly all cycle tours canbe classified as being easy.
Prices and dates
services & information
Further details about this tour
- Program according to tour itinerary
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours or lunch snack, 6x coffee and cake in the afternoon, 7x 3- or 4-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Room cleaning every day, changing of towels and bed cloths as necessary
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Tour guide on board
- Daily briefing of bike tours on board
- Printed instructions and maps for daily individual bike tours (1 per cabin)
Bring your own bike/ electric bike: € 29,- (on request only, limited number)
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Car Park at the central station (unguarded, cannot be booked in advance) in Mainz. Parking fee approx. € 55,- per week.
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here! .
- Minimum number of participants: 75
- This tour is a partner tour.