Coblenz - Saarburg, MS Patria
Moselle and Saar.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Coblenz
Embarkation from 4pm onwards. The crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Coblenz.
Today you will cruise on the MS Patria to Alken. From there you shall cycle to Moselkern and on to Cochem. Historical half-timbered houses in the old town, the town hall and the old market place with the Marints fountain are all awaiting you! You also have the possibility to visit the Reichsburg, which was built in about 1000AD by Count Palatine Ezzo (optional).
The bike tour will first take you to Beilstein, which you will have time to look around yourself if you wish. You then go past Europe’s steepest vineyard at Bremmer Calmont. Today’s tour ends in the wine village of Zell on the Moselle. In the evening you will have the chance to visit a local winegrowers place and enjoy a wine tasting with the famous Moselle wines (excursion optional, bookable on board).
This bike ride starts in Zell and takes you to the romantic place of Traben-Trarbach where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. After this, the middle-aged market place of Bernkastel-Kues invites you for a rest. You will reach the ship in Kues after a tour through town.
The first place you will cycle to today is Piesport. This is the biggest municipality for wine growing along the Moselle river. Optional: Visit and go on a guided tour of the biggest Roman wine press system north of the Alps. In Neumagen-Dhron, the oldest wine village in Germany, you can visit the clone of a Roman wine boat. In the early afternoon you will continue to Mehring.
Today you cycle via Pfalzel to Trier, where the ship will be waiting for you. In the afternoon you can explore the city in a special way. Book a city walking tour with a “traditional Roman”. Trier is one of the oldest German cities. Its Roman roots are still visible in impressive buildings like the Porta Nigra, the Konstantin basilica and the Amphitheatre.
Today you will be cycling along the river from Trier via Wasserbillig in Luxembourg to Saarburg, which gets nicknamed “little Venice”. In the centre, you will find a waterfall that is 20 meters deep.
Disembarkation takes place after breakfast.
The quality of the bike paths is very good. The Moselle cycle path leads along good and asphalted roads without noteworthy climbs. Therefore this journey is even suitable for novice cyclists.
|Oct 6, 2018
|Jun 16, 2018
|Jun 30, 2018
|Jul 28, 2018
|Aug 11, 2018
|Aug 25, 2018
|Sep 22, 2018
- Program according to tour course
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast buffet, lunch package for bike tours or lunch snack, coffee and cake in the afternoon, 3- or 4-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Rental bicycle at arrival 07.04. and 21.04. inclusive
- Linen and change of towels if required
- Passenger and harbour fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours on board
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Coblenz main station is about 3 km away from the pier
- Parking possibilities in Coblenz: Public park house near the landing stage in Coblenz for about €125 per week as well as free park & ride parking spaces. By public bus into the city. No reservation possible.
- Return journey to Coblenz:: By train in 2 hours for about €24 (bookable there) or by minibus from 4 persons for € 75 per person. Transfer of your own bike € 15 per bike. Limited space available, a reservation when booking the tour is necessary, payable there.
- Program and details are subject to change due to nautical and meteorological reasons (this is no reason for a free cancellation).
- Special wishes concerning meals as dietary or vegetarian food can be provided upon request. Surcharge is € 25 per person/week (pay there). Please inform us with your booking.
Number of participants
Minimum of 40 persons
This tour has 1 more variant
Bike & Barge MS Patria
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.