Coblenz - Saarburg, MS Patria
Moselle and Saar.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 40 persons
Arrival in Coblenz
Embarkation from 4pm onwards. The crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Coblenz.
Today you will cruise on the MS Patria to Alken. From there you shall cycle to Moselkern and on to Cochem. Historical half-timbered houses in the old town, the town hall and the old market place with the Marints fountain are all awaiting you! You also have the possibility to visit the Reichsburg, which was built in about 1000AD by Count Palatine Ezzo (optional).
The bike tour will take you to Beilstein first, which you can explore during a short tour on your own. Pass Europe’s steepest vineyard at Bremmer Calmont. Today´s tour ends in the wine village of Zell on the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
This bike ride starts in Zell and takes you to the romantic place of Traben-Trarbach where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. After this, the middle-aged market place of Bernkastel-Kues invites you for a rest. You will reach the ship in Kues after a tour through town.
The first place you will cycle to today is Piesport. This is the biggest municipality for wine growing along the Moselle river. Optional: Visit and go on a guided tour of the biggest Roman wine press system north of the Alps. In Neumagen-Dhron, the oldest wine village in Germany, you can visit the clone of a Roman wine boat. In the early afternoon you will continue to Mehring.
Today you cycle via Pfalzel to Trier, where the ship will be waiting for you. In the afternoon you can explore the city in a special way. Book a city walking tour with a “traditional Roman”. Trier is one of the oldest German cities. Its Roman roots are still visible in impressive buildings like the Porta Nigra, the Konstantin basilica and the Amphitheatre.
Today you will be cycling along the river from Trier via Wasserbillig in Luxembourg to Saarburg, which gets nicknamed “little Venice”. In the centre, you will find a waterfall that is 20 meters deep.
Disembarkation takes place after breakfast.
The quality of the bike paths is very good. The Moselle cycle path leads along good and asphalted roads without noteworthy climbs. Therefore this journey is even suitable for novice cyclists.
| Season 1 |
Apr 11, 2020 |
| Season 2 |
Apr 25, 2020 |
| Season 3 |
May 23, 2020 | Jun 6, 2020 | Jun 20, 2020 | Jul 18, 2020 | Aug 1, 2020 | Aug 15, 2020 | Sep 12, 2020 | Sep 26, 2020 |
| Season 4 |
Oct 10, 2020 |
|Bike & Boat Mosel and Saar - Koblenz-Saarburg - MS Patria - main deck, 8 days, DE-MOSKS-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||295.00||355.00||405.00||315.00|
|Bike & Boat Mosel and Saar - Koblenz-Saarburg - MS Patria - upper deck, 8 days, DE-MOSKS-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||320.00||420.00||470.00||370.00|
- Program according to tour course
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x lunch package for bike tours or lunch snack, 6x coffee and cake in the afternoon, 7x 3- or 4-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- Rental bicycle at arrival 11.04. and 10.10.. inclusive
- Linen and change of towels if required
- Passenger and harbour fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours on board
- 1 route book for self-guided trips per cabin
- Tour guidance on board
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Coblenz main station is about 3 km away from the pier
- Parking possibilities in Coblenz: Public park house near the landing stage in Coblenz for about €125 per week as well as free park & ride parking spaces. By public bus into the city. No reservation possible.
- Return journey to Coblenz:: By train in 2 hours for about €24 (bookable there) or by minibus from 4 persons for € 75 per person. Transfer of your own bike € 15 per bike. Limited space available, a reservation when booking the tour is necessary, payable there.
Number of participants:
Minimum of 40 persons
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
The MS Patria, built in 1941, has a new look after a renovation and impresses with its familiar and friendly atmosphere.