North Holland in Spring, MS Serena
Ijsselmeer & North Sea Beaches
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
- Minimum number of participants: 50 persons
Arrival in Amsterdam
Boat ride: Amsterdam – Hoorn
Individual arrival to Amsterdam. Check-in on board in the afternoon. Maybe you will take some time for exploring the city of Amsterdam. At 5:30pm the MS SERENA will leave Amsterdam for the harbour town of Hoorn
Cycle tour: Hoorn – Enkhuizen
Hoorn is an ancient city in which you can still find many buildings dating back to the 17th century (e.g. the Regentur of Westfriesland – today a museum, the town’s scales at the Rodesteen, the harbour tower as well as the storage houses at the old quai). Today you are cycling from Hoorn to Enkhuizen. Tip: you should visit the Zuiderzeemuseum.
Boat journey: Enkhuizen – Lemmer | Cycling: round trip Lemmer
Today you have a boat ride across the IJsselmeer to Lemmer. You are starting your round trip by bike: over the Oosterzee Buren to the Tjeukemeer, further to Munnekeburen, then around the Rottige Meente over Scherpenzel and Schoterzijl back to Lemmer with its historical old part of town and beautiful gable houses.
Tip: Optional visit to the largest still-functioning steam pumping station in the world, “Woudagemaal”.
Cycling: Lemmer – Stavoren | Boat: Stavoren – Oudeschild
You will cycle to Sondeler Leien Lake. From there you go through the Rijsterbos woods past the Mokkebank (a bird reserve) to the Roode Klif at Stavoren. From there you cruise to Oudeschild on Texel island.
Cycling: round trip Island of Texel
You are going on a round trip by bike on the biggest North Sea Island of the Netherlands – Texel. There are numerous routes you can choose between. Tip: We also recommend that you visit the beer brewery of Texel. Later in the afternoon you will go by boat to Medemblik
Today you cycle again to the very nice town Hoorn.
Early in the morning we are shipping to Zaandam from where you are cycling back to Amsteram. Do not miss a visit of Zaanse Schans!
Disembarkation until 9am and individual trip home.
You cycle between 25 and 45 km each day. Nearly all routes are flat and easy to cycle along. You cycle on asphalted bike paths with routes that are signposted.
- Program according to tour itinerary from/to Amsterdam
- 7 overnight stays in cabins with shower/toilet in the booked cabin category
- Full board: 7x breakfast buffet, 6x small lunch or lunch package for bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon, 7x 3-course-dinner
- Welcome drink
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- GPS tracks
- Linen and change of towels if required
- All harbour, lock and bridge fees
- Daily briefing of bike tours
- 1 route book per cabin for self-guided trips
- Tour representative on board
- Amsterdam train station close to the pier
- Parking Oosterdok economy fare approx. € 20 for 24 h or Valet
- Car park Amsterpark.nl /Valet Parking Services: Drop off your car at the pier on arrival day, car will be back at the pier on day of departure, price €150 per week payable in advance (application form can be ordered bei Eurobike)
Number of participants:
- Minimum of 50 people
- Further important information according to the package travel law and additional information about your bike and boat trip can be found here!
This tour has 1 more variation
Experience on this bicycle- and shiptour the Netherlandth northsea, Watten- and Ijsselmeer. On the MS Serena you pass the nights on the Netherlandth waters.