Star of the South
Unendless fun cycling.
Fair Weather Cyclist
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Maribor is a beautiful historic town on the river Drava. It has a historic city centre and the oldest vine of the world (approx. 400 years – incl. entrance fee). You return to Bad Radkersburg through beautiful vineyards and little villages.
Transfer to Alsôszölnök. You cycle through Hungary and Burgenland. Enjoy a marvellous scenic view from the observation platform of Gesamtsteirische Vinothek in St. Anna am Aigen (incl. voucher for 1 wine tasting). You then continue along the Slovenian border to Bad Radkersburg.
River Mur is the lifeline of a region that mainly depends on agriculture. The river winds its way through a wide unspoilt plain cutting through both Slovenia and Croatia. Cycle on flat roads past little villages. The final highlight is a visit to the vineyards around Gornja Radgona with fantastic views of the Mur valley.
Jennersdorf is a small town close to the Hungarian border. You cycle through traditional street villages and into the Raabtal nature park until you get to Kalch. You then cycle through the volcanic landscape back to your hotel.
Recuperate in the healthy waters of the thermal spa, take part in the guided city tour of Bad Radkersburg (included) or visit attractive points of interest. Our tip: use your voucher for a wine tasting in Urbani Vinothek in Bad Radkersburg (every Thursday).
Leibnitz is a picturesque town and gateway to the South Styrian Wine Street. Visit nature park centre Grottenhof and then cycle up to monastery Seggau where you get breathtaking views from over the river Mur plain. Downhill to the river Mur and follow shady river meadows past pumpkin fields to Bad Radkersburg.
Cycle on tranquil minor roads or cycle paths through diverse countryside. The cycle network of Slovenia, Croatia and Hungary needs development! Here you cycle on country lanes, some short distances on roads with little traffic. Expect short gradients on all routes, always rewarded with some downhill though.
Catgory A: Hotel-Garni Toscanina 4****, Bad Radkersburg
Catgory B: Radhotel Domittner 3***, Klöch
Catgory C: Frühstückspension Gästehaus Rosi, Bad Radkersburg
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing
- Detailed travel documents
- 5x bus shuttle with bicycle trailer to the starting points according to the program from Bad Radkersburg
- Vine tasting
- City tour Bad Radkersburg
- Own signposting
- Service Hotline
- GPS data available
- Half board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with vouchers)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- By train to Graz, continue by train via Spielfed-Straß to Bad Radkersburg or book the Thermenland Taxi service, cost approx. € 38 per person. Reservation requested when booking the tour.
- Airport Graz, continue via Spielfed-Straß to Bad Radkersburg or book the Thermenland Taxi service, cost approx. €38 per person. Reservation essential. Pay there.
- Airport Vienna, continue by shared taxi service, duration approx. 2.5 hours, cost per person approx. €50. Reservation essential.
- Where visitor’s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
- Transfer from the hotel in Klöch to Bad Radkersburg is not included.
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!