Culture, cuisine and nature
Some prefer to go to Styria because of the beautiful city of Graz and its culture, others want to enjoy a culinary dream trip with many delicacies and good wine, while others want to take in the tranquillity of Styrian nature and recharge their batteries. Our guests come for all three reasons, because the tours from Eurobike offer a bit of all three. Beautiful cycle paths along beautiful rivers, delightful villages and relaxing days in the spa towns round of a prefect cycling holiday. Let yourself be captivated by the green heart of Austria.
The Mur Cycle Route
Our classic tour in Styria has a large fan base among Eurobike customers. From the St Michael im Lungau it goes over Murau, Judenburg and Bruck an der Mur to Graz, on to Mureck and finally ends in the seventh day, after 330kilometres in the pretty spa town of Bad Radkersburg.
- You can read all the details about the cycle tour on the Mur Cycle Path here.
Insider tip Southern Styria
The friendly Pension Steirerland accommodates you on the centre-based tour ‘Insider tip Southern Styria’. From here, discover Austria’s second largest province by bike. A little tip: do not miss the food in your pension – a treat!
- All further information about the Insider tip Southern Styria tour can be found here.
The climate in Styria
Styria, especially southern Styria, is influenced by the sunny climate of the Mediterranean. The so–called Adriatic highs in the south of the state are responsible for the fact that here, especially in autumn, very mild temperatures prevail. But also for the rest of the year, southern Styria, where our bike tours are mainly based, benefits from the climate. The best cycling weather, pleasant temperatures and lots of sunshine promise an unforgettable cycling holiday.
The Styrian cuisine
Anyone who has ever been on holiday in Styria will automatically open the top button on their trousers at the memory of the luscious ‘Brettljausen’, the delicious spreads, the homemade bread and the sweet buns – because one thing is clear: the Styrian cuisine is no diet food! But holiday time is no place for austerity anyway. The Styrian specialty par excellence is pumpkin seed oil. The black delicacy tastes amazing on potato salad, bean salad or drizzled over creamy pumpkin sup. The chocolate from Zotter is well known, as well as the wonderfully tasty Vulkano ham. At least once you should spoil yourself in a rustic tavern. Order a Brettljause – where the portions are large! The finest of pork, aromatic sausage and spreads or regional products taste best with a glass of delicious white wine. And for dessert, order sweet Styrian wine grapes. They are worth a sin!
Top wines from Styria
Styria is one of the most important wine regions in Austria. 77% of the Styrian wines are white wines, 12% are red wines and about 11% are used for Schilcher. Here are some of the most famous wines:
- Welschriesling – the most common grape variety of Styria is a fruity, sparkling wine.
- Morillon – also called Chardonnay, is also very popular. It is characterised by its deep fruitiness.
- Scheurebe – also called Sämling 88, is a precocious white wine, which should be served very cold.
- Ruländer – Pinot Grigio, one of the most bodied wines in Styria. Its bouquet is almost reminiscent in colour, taste and smell to caramel.
- Schilcher – is a protected grape variety in Styria, and is characterised by a racy acidity.
Did you know…
- …that the Styrian dialect is called barking by the rest of Austria?
- …that Styria is the state with the most forest in Austria?
- …that there are 788 peaks over 2000 metres high, and about 2000 Alps in Styria?
- …that 80% of the applies sold in Austria come from Styria?
- …that there are four universities in the student city of Graz?
Perfectly organised cycling holidays in Styria
Who wants to worry about annoying little things on holiday? Every day taking care of a new hotel, bringing the bike, somehow puting luggage on the bike…oh that’s so much hassle! But it doesn’t have to be! With Eurobike you only have to worry about the cycling. Because we book your hotels, and very good ones, we provide you with great rental bikes, the most accurate travel documents and maps from the Bikeline company. We will transport your luggage on time to the next destination and will be happy to help and advise you 7 days a week on our service hotline.