Paris - London
Notre Dame, Big Ben and the wideness in between.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Welcome briefing and rental bike distribution at 06.00pm. You have the chance to visit highlights like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris and the Arc de Triomphe.
Au revoir Paris! Starting from Notre Dame you can follow the Axe Historique from the Louvre with the Champs Elysées through the Arc de Triomphe till the new Défense district. After Nanterre, you will come to the islands and parks so dear to the impressionists, once a destination for Sunday trips, somewhere to spend the afternoon "en plein air" on a boat between the Seine and the Marne. Welcome to the Promenade Bleue in Paris!
Your journey continues through the heart of the Vexin natural park, home to picturesque towns, castles and farmhouses. After Théméricourt and its spectacular Maison du Parc, you continue to Villarceaux and its eighteenthcentury castle bearing the same name. After the small town of Bray-et-Lû you will proceed along the river Epte to Gisors and the fortress marking the historical Franco-Norman border.
Departure from Gisors for Gournay-en-Bray and then on to Forges- les-Eaux, the renowned spa resort. Welcome to Normandy, or rather to Gourmandie, land of unique flavours!
From Forges-les-Eaux you will follow the brand new cycle path that will take you directly to the sea, through the wonderful countryside dotted with farms that supply their excellent products to the Norman and Parisian markets. Along the second half of the route the landscape is tinged with blue as you pass through the Arques estuary, overlooked by the castle of the same name and ancient sand caves that have become a refuge for marsh birds. Here you are in Dieppe, France’s first seaside resort and a favourite place for many impressionist painters.
After a short loop around Dieppe, at about 12:30 you will embark to cross the English Channel and will arrive in Newhaven, where you will continue cycling along the wonderful Undercliff Walk, a stunning path along the sea. You will finally reach Brighton, famous and elegant English tourist resort. Do not miss a visit to the beautiful Royal Pavillion and an evening walk on the Brighton Pier.
After a train transfer up to Redhill, you will start cycling through wonderful parks and brand-new cycle paths, and will finally arrive in Westminster, in the heart of London.
Departure or extension
After breakfast you start your individual journey home or the prolongation of your stay in London.
The route follows the Avenue Verte along dedicated cycle paths, road shoulder cycle lanes and quiet country roads. The route is mainly in the lowlands when it follows the main rivers, and then becomes slightly more difficult in the countryside areas, especially in England. The whole route from Paris to London is marked by the tourist cycle signage Avenue Verte.
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR)
- Well elaborated route
- GPS-data is available
- 1 Ferry Dieppe – Newhaven incl. your bike
Following data have to be provided when booking the tour, in order to reserve the transfer from Dieppe to Newhaven:
- Full names (as written on the passport/ID card)
- Passport/ID card number and expiry date
- Date of birth
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station “Gare du Nord” or “Gare de l´Est”
- Paris: Airport Charles de Gaulle. Direct lines by train or metro to Gare du Nord.
- Multi-storey car park, reservation recommended: www.parkingsdeparis.com
- Departure from London by train: From London „St. Pancras International“ with the Eurostar in 2.5 h to Paris station „Gare du Nord“, bike transport is possible: www.eurostar.com
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Train ride on day 7 is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!