Paris - London
Notre Dame, Big Ben and the wideness in between.
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Welcome briefing and rental bike distribution at 06.00 pm.You have the chance to visit highlights like the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris and the Arc de Triomphe.
You cycle next to the canal St. Denis to the „Parc des Impressionistes“, an imitation of the garden of Claude Monet in Giverny, and to Maisons Laffitte with its beautiful villa properties, which are similar to parks.
Your route leads you through the Normandy into the little town Gisors with the castle ruin, which is according to legends the stash of the treasure of the Temple Lords (60 km). At Santeuil you can take the train for a stage of your tour (40 km).
You further cross the Normandy with its measures, forests and typical hedge banks. Today's finish of your tour is Forges-les-Eaux. The spring water in the little village was already known as a fountain of youth in the 16th century.
Your tour leads you through Mesnières-en-Bray with its Renaissance castle into the harbour town Dieppe. The ferry takes you into the English Newhaven. Starting here please drive on the left.
A beautiful cycleway alongside the coast and on the cliffs leads you to Brighton. Meanwhile the sea resort is so trendy that it is called the little sister of London. Nice cafes, elegant shops and fine restaurants attract celebrities as well as normal tourists, or excursion through east Sussex. Afterwards you are cycling to your todays stage Crawley. Enjoy the evening by strolling through the city or have a drink in one of the numerous pubs.
Through the county Surrey you cycle to your hotel in London. The tube needs only a few minutes to reach the centre (58 km). From Crawley it is possible to go by train (26km) until Coulsdon. On the way it is also possible to get on the train. Rental bike return until 6pm.
Departure or extension
After breakfast you start your individual journey home or the prolongation of your stay in London.
In Paris you cycle on bike path along tue Canal St. Denis and alongside the river Seine. Short distance way leads along high traffic streets. Easy to moderate heavy! In London you cycle on bike ways, small roads, through parks and alongside a small river. In Great Britain you driving on the left! From London to Newhaven you cycle on small roads and bike path through, you have to negotiate a few gradients. From Dieppe to Forges-les-Eaux it is mainly easy to cycle on tarred bike path like the Voie Verte – it is a former railway train path. Until Maisons-Laffitte you drive on small roads with low traffic and through a slightly hilly terrain.
Category: 2**, 3*** and 4**** hotels (country classification)
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (GE, EN, FR)
- Well elaborated route
- 1 Ferry Dieppe – Newhaven incl. your bike
- Special signposting for the route
- GPS-data is available
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Train station “Gare du Nord” or “Gare de l´Est”
- Paris: Airport Charles de Gaulle. Direct lines by train or metro to Gare du Nord.
- Multi-storey car park, reservation recommended: www.parkingsdeparis.com
- Departure from London by train: From London „St. Pancras International“ with the Eurostar in 2.5 h to Paris station „Gare du Nord“, bike transport is possible: www.eurostar.com
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!