Toulouse - Bordeaux
The Green Line and the Garonne Channel.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Toulouse
Arrival in Toulouse and check-in at your hotel. You’ll have the time to try your bikes. You can visit Toulouse by bike or by foot.
It’s at the heart of the town that ends the canal of the Midi from Toulouse to Sète and starts the beautiful Garonne canal. Your first stage will lead you to Moissac, the centre of roman art, on the way to Santiago de Compostella. The abbaye and the cloister are part of the UNESCO world’s heritage. It’s the place whre the Tarn and the Garonne meet.
The day starts in an orchard and vineyard of Chasselas landscape; you continue along the Garonne canal to the beautiful city of Agen (famous for its prunes and its beautiful city centre). You’ll pass the superb bridge of Pont Canal d’Agen and continue on the shadowed banks until Sérignac.
You continue along the green canal where you will have many opportunities to stop; you will pass the town of Damezan, founded in 1259. At the Mas d’Agenais don’t miss the visit of the roman church!
The canal will lead you to Réole, that’s where you leave the Garonne canal to take the green line (green line of Roger Lapébie, a former cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1937). Some small roads will take you to Sauveterre de Guyenne, a beautiful historical town with its 4 gates and the fort, founded in 1281. It’s also the centre of the wine-making canton of the Entre Deux Mers (AOC, guarantee of quality of wine). You continue through the vineyard of Bordeaux until Frontenac. If you stop in St Martin de Lerm you will cross Sauveterre tomorrow.
A beautiful stage between Dordogne and Gironde, through the vineyard of the Entre Deux Mers. You will pass by Sauve Majeure (former abbaye founded in 1070) and the fortified town of Créon.
Easy to average. Stages from 29 to 67km per day according to the program, 2 to 5h bike per day. The terrain is flat. From Bordeaux, the route profile has a few ascents and descents but it becomes flat when you reach the canal.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- 1x dinner (Fourques sur Garonne/ St. Martin de Lerm)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Tourist tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Bordeaux or Toulouse train station
- Bordeaux or Toulouse airport
- Information concerning car arrival and parking opportunities are on request!
- Well train connections between Bordeaux and Toulouse
Things to note:
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!