Bremen - Kiel
From river Weser to Kiel.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Bremen
Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes (if booked). Discover the historic old city of Bremen.
Variant 80 km: You follow Weser cycle path to the north through Lemwerder, Elsfleth, Brake and Nordenham. By ferry you go to Bremerhaven (harbour, Maritime Museum). Your route takes you along the river Weser (about 90 km) or take a more direct route (70 km).
Enjoy the colourful and lively impressions on your bike route today. You cycle on asphalted roads through the land of Wursten before you reach Cuxhaven, the well-known harbour city. The mudflats belong to two national parks and are part of the UNSECO world natural heritage.
You cross river Elbe by ferry. The houses of the old town are as worth seeing as the impressive locks at the Kiel Canal.
You can follow the 3,2 km long “blue line” in Rendsburg, where you can visit up to 30 cultural institutions and sights. The installation to salute the ships on the canal is also worth seeing.
Follow the charming canal path to the south side of the canal until Kiel. The town is the gate to Scandinavia with its Swedish and Norway dock!
This is an easy tour in flat or undulating territory. You cycle on asphalted or paved roads, sometimes small minor roads and cycle paths. This tour is convenient for beginners or groups.
Kategorie: 3*** und 4**** Hotels und Gasthöfe
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Ferry Cuxhaven – Brunsbüttel (incl. your bike)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Bremen train station
- The hotels has sufficient parking spaces, free of charge
- Good rail connection from Kiel to Bremen
- This tour is also possible starting and arrive in Kiel and cycle the stages in reversed from. Booking code DE-BKRKB-07X