Itinerary at a glance
Stroll through the baroque old town of Dresden, while the Saxon Switzerland provides a wild and romantic contrast. Radebeul was the home of Karl May, and in Wittenberg, you'll encounter Martin Luther – let's raise a glass of Saxon wine to that.
Afterwards it is possible to stroll through the baroque old city of Dresden. Discover the well-known beauty and magic of the city with places of interest as Zwinger, Frauenkirche, palace and Semper opera.
The bicycle path leads directly along the Elbe to Bad Schandau. By ferry cruise to palace Pillnitz, enjoy the unique view onto the baroque building. You continue by bike upstream to the bizarre sandstone mountains. A short climb onto Bastei Mountain is worth it. A wonderful view onto the Elbe Sandstone Mountains and the course of the river reward you for your efforts. Return journey from Pirna to Dresden by boat.
Today's bike tour runs in the romantic Elbe Valley along the Saxon vineyards past the town of Radebeul, which is closely associated with the name of Karl May. Soon you will reach the city of Meissen, world famous for its porcelain. The picturesque alleys of the historically grown city center are ideal for strolling and shopping. The Albrechtsburg Castle or the world-famous Meissen Porcelain Manufacturing Company are also worth a visit.
Today you go a bit more through Germany’s most northern vineyards. Taste the regional wines! The baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz with its wonderful park is a good place for rest. Accommodation is in the town of Riesa or Strehla.
You follow the Elbe river downstream to Mühlberg with former Cistercian monastery and Electoral Saxony’s milepost.
You should not miss the Treblitz Tree Park with trees and bushes from five continents. Destination of the day is Torgau with nice town hall in renaissance style, residence palace Hartenfels and church St. Marien.
From Saxony-Anhalt you cycle via palace Lichtenberg in direction Bad Schmiedeberg.
After your arrival in the city where Martin Luther posted his theses, you have the possibility to make a trip down memory lane. The Luther Hall, Wittenberg’s most interesting building, has the biggest historic collection on the Reformation. The old city of Wittenberg was restored lovely too. The beautiful shops and restaurants are guaranteeing a wonderful evening.
Prices and dates
Category A: Hotels and guesthouses, mainly 3***- and 4****level
Category B: Hotels, guesthouses and inns, mainly 3***-level
Services & Information
Further details about this tour
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 boat ride Pirna - Dresden
- App for navigation and GPS-data
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return journey by minibus to Dresden every friday, saturday and sunday, from Wittenberg EUR 85 per person, extra cost for own bike EUR 39, reservation is necessary, payable in advance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Dresden train Station
- Dresden Airport
- Good train connections to Dresden
- Hotel Category A: Parking garage, costs EUR 24 per day
- Hotel Category B: Parking garage, costs EUR10 per day, also free parking close to the hotel.
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- This tour is a partner tour.
Join us in achieving greater sustainability by choosing our digital route book, rather than the printed version. As a small thank you we will give you a discount of EUR 20 per room.
"I look forward to making your vacation dreams come true."