Magdeburg - Cuxhaven
Along river Elbe to Cuxhaven.
- 10 Days / 9 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Magdeburg
Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. We recommend strolling through the beautiful city!
You cycle through small and picturesque villages before you reach Tangermünde. This town was founded about 800 years ago and kept its medieval townscape until now.
The nature park “Alte Elbe” offers habitat for numerous and seldom species of birds and allows a relaxed start in your bike day. The route leads you along palace Storkau to Havelberg, the island and dome city. This small and unimpressive city is located on the meeting of river Havel and river Elbe. Worth visiting is the dome in renaissance and baroque style.
This tour leads you via Wittenberg (second largest clock tower of Europe) and the UNESCO: Biosphere Reserves Elbe-Brandenburg through an amazing stream landscape to Schnackenburg (well-known museum). Your overnight stay is in the area around Gatow am See area or in Wittenberge.
You still follow the river Elbe until you reach Hitzacker with picturesque old city and typical half-timbered houses.
Today’s tour course to Lauenburg is slightly hilly. Characteristic for this city is the silhouette, framed by the high banks of river Elbe. There are a lot of places of interest awaiting you: palace and tower, Maria-Magdalena church and emperor garden.
You cycle along river Elbe and via Geesthacht to harbour city Hamburg. Numerous memorials, art, culture and a special atmosphere invites you! For detailed information please see www.hamburg-tourismus.at.
You cycle on nearly car-free routes along the Elbe cycle path in direction Glückstadt. On the way you will get to Wedel with its “ship-welcome-facility” (each bigger arriving or departing ship becomes saluted with its national anthem). Subsequent you will reach Glückstadt – the well preserved historic centre is formed by historic houses and nobility courtyards.
You cross the river Elbe by ferry (not included). Then you cycle through the rural district Cuxhaven. Many people are still making their holiday in one of the traditional bathing resorts of the North Sea coast.
This is a very easy bike tour which leads you through flat and slightly hilly terrain. The cycle path along river Elbe allows a car-free tour course. Other parts are leading you along small country roads and roads with less traffic through the diversified river landscape.
- Accommodation in the mentioned category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Magdeburg train station
- Parking garage in Magdeburg available for about € 10 per night, payable on spot, no reservation possible
- Return journey by train from Cuxhaven to Magdeburg (for about € 70 per person, duration about 5,5 hours) or minibus for € 100 per person, from 4 people onwards. There is limited space available; a reservation is necessary, payable on spot.
- Good train connections to Magdeburg
- You can do the tour also in the other direction on request, from Cuxhaven to Magdeburg. You can arrive on the same days then for the normal route. If you decide to do it backwards you don’t have the personal welcome briefing and the release of the bikes. Attention: Here you have to read the Eurobike singpostings backwards! Minimum number of participants: 4 people