Magdeburg - Cuxhaven
Along river Elbe to Cuxhaven.
- 10 Days / 9 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Magdeburg
Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. We recommend strolling through the beautiful city!
You cycle through small and picturesque villages before you reach Tangermünde. This town was founded about 800 years ago and kept its medieval townscape until now.
The nature park “Alte Elbe” offers habitat for numerous and seldom species of birds and allows a relaxed start in your bike day. The route leads you along palace Storkau to Havelberg, the island and dome city. This small and unimpressive city is located on the meeting of river Havel and river Elbe. Worth visiting is the dome in renaissance and baroque style.
This tour leads you via Wittenberg (second largest clock tower of Europe) and the UNESCO: Biosphere Reserves Elbe-Brandenburg through an amazing stream landscape to Schnackenburg (well-known museum). Your overnight stay is in the area around Gatow am See area or in Wittenberge.
You still follow the river Elbe until you reach Hitzacker with picturesque old city and typical half-timbered houses.
Today’s tour course to Lauenburg is slightly hilly. Characteristic for this city is the silhouette, framed by the high banks of river Elbe. There are a lot of places of interest awaiting you: palace and tower, Maria-Magdalena church and emperor garden.
You cycle along river Elbe and via Geesthacht to harbour city Hamburg. Numerous memorials, art, culture and a special atmosphere invites you! For detailed information please see www.hamburg-tourismus.at.
You cycle on nearly car-free routes along the Elbe cycle path in direction Glückstadt. On the way you will get to Wedel with its “ship-welcome-facility” (each bigger arriving or departing ship becomes saluted with its national anthem). Subsequent you will reach Glückstadt – the well preserved historic centre is formed by historic houses and nobility courtyards.
You cross the river Elbe by ferry (not included). Then you cycle through the rural district Cuxhaven. Many people are still making their holiday in one of the traditional bathing resorts of the North Sea coast.
This is a very easy bike tour which leads you through flat and slightly hilly terrain. The cycle path along river Elbe allows a car-free tour course. Other parts are leading you along small country roads and roads with less traffic through the diversified river landscape.
- Accommodation in the category as mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Well elaborated route
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with sights and important telephone numbers)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return journey by minibus to Magdeburg € 130 per person incl. bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Magdeburg train station
- Parking garage in Magdeburg available for about € 10 per night, payable on spot, no reservation possible
- Good train connections to Magdeburg
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!