Müritz - based in one hotel
Through the land of the thousand lakes.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Waren
Lakes Müritz, Kölpin and Tiefwarensee are surrounding the city which is your host for the next days. Visit Müritzeum, the biggest freshwater aquarium in Germany which shows the diversity of life in lakes and rivers. Typical Nordic buildings as church St. Marien or the old city hall take care for attractive atmosphere of the old city. Restaurants, cafes and bars are inviting you for a visit and the rural nature around Waren invites you to excursions.
The Mecklenburg Lake District is also named „land of the thousand lakes“. Today you get to know two lakes and you will experience a nearly maritime atmosphere on the banks. Your tour leads you through extended pine forests. The rural villages Malchow, Lenz and Klink are marking your way back to Waren.
With a bit of luck, you discover erns or golden eagles in the sky during your tour through Müritz national park. The nature is magical! From Boek you go by boat (seasonal) via Röbel back to Waren. Alternatively, you can cycle from Röbel back to Waren.
Oaks and beeches are dominating parts of the banks. A 150-200 years-old island is home for cormorants. Historic buildings as manor Torgelow are evidence of human architecture. In Groß Gievitz you should visit the church with its paintings from 13th century.
Discover Lake Müritz – the biggest inland lake which is as a whole Germany. Your tour leads you along half-timbered houses and via the villages of Rechlin, Ludorf, Röbel and Klink. If wished, you can go on board in Röbel or Klink (seasonal). Enjoy the beautiful views on the banks and return relaxed to Waren.
Departure or extension
Easy to cycle. The route leads mostly along cycle paths and banks. Sometimes you cycle on cobble stone pavement or roads with less traffic, in Müritz national park on nature roads. Nearly no ascents. This tour is recommended also for beginners.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Personal welcome briefing (GE)
- Detailed travel documents with maps 1 x per room (GE)
- Welcome drink
- 10% reduction on wellness programmes
- 1 journey by boat from Boek via Röbel to Waren
- 1 dinner with typical specialties
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking/ Departure:
- Waren (Müritz) train station
- Berlin airport
- Parking spaces, free of charge at both hotels
Things to note:
- Kurtaxe, soweit fällig, nicht im Reisepreis enthalten!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!