Weimar - based in one hotel
Around the classic town.
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Weimar
Weimar offers a worldwide unique historic tradition. Museums, memorial places, churches and an interesting history are reminding on the life of many well-known persons. The thousand-year-old city knows many big names as for example Goethe, Schiller, Herder, Wieland, Lucas Cranch, Johann Sebastian Bach and Franz Liszt. Today Weimar is a pulsating centre of art and science. Arrive early – Weimar is awaiting you with historic and culinary inner city.
You cycle to capital city Erfurt. Krämer Bridge is awaiting you. It has a length of 120 m and 32 houses are located on it. It is the longest bridge with buildings on it. Half-timbered houses are accompanying you on your way. Small villages and homelike inns are inviting you to taste the Thuringia cuisine. Through the rural hinterland you reach your aim Weimar in the afternoon.
On today´s loop tour you follow the tracks of poets and thinkers. The route leads to Jena. In the university which was built in 1558 famous persons studied and teached. Goethe advanced the university, Schiller teached here. You continue along Saale bike path through a picturesque and diversified landscape. Past fortresses, palaces, churches and historic mills. Along the river Saale through the wine Eldorado of Thuringia and on roads with less traffic and asphalted bike paths to valley Ilmtal. Villages as for example Apolda, Bad Sulza or Dornburg with rural character invite you with numerous places of interest and lively inner city to pause.
Along valley Ilmtal on beautiful bike paths to Thuringia forest. Water reservoir Hohenfelden invites for a picnic and a bath. Here you have a lot of possibilities to spend your time.
Already Johann Wolfgang von Goethe felt, due to soft hills and picturesque vineyards as if he is in Tuscany. The spa is located in Weimarer Land which is also named Eastern Tuscany and presents its unique spa and health concept. Live and enjoy with all sins and unforgettable spa day!
Along the tracks of painter Feininger this loop tour leads you through Weimar and into Weimarer Land. The tour starts in Geschwister Scholl road in Weimar at the University. Feininger teached here from 1919 – 1925. In Bauhausstraße 7a you can visit the atelier of this artist. Next stop is house nr. 16 in Gutenberg Road. Feininger lived here with his family from 1919 – 1926. The tour leads you to the end of Shakespeare road and on to valley Kirschbachtal. Through the landscape and from village to village you are in 25 km at the stone bridge in Oberweimar. From here you continue through Goethe Park into the city centre of Weimar. The tour leads along roads with less traffic and country roads. The church in Gelmeroda offers an exhibition about Lyonel Feininger, it is opened daily from 8 am – 8 pm.
Departure or extension
Nach dem Frühstück individuelle Rückreise oder Verlängerung. Und wir hatten es Ihnen versprochen wohin Sie Ihre Radreise auch führt: überall werden Sie die gute Thüringer Küche und die herzliche Thüringer Gastfreundschaft genießen können. Wir hoffen natürlich dass Sie die Thüringer Klöße und die berühmte Thüringer Rostbratwurst probieren konnten.
The Weimarer Land is a hilly region with well-developed cycle paths. Pleasure cyclists but also E-bikers will get their money’s worth here.
| Season 1 |
04.04.2020 - 24.10.2020
|Weimar - based in one hotel, 7 days, DE-THRWE-07X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||150.00|
|Surcharge half board (evening meal: mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||135.00|
- Accommodation in 4**** Hotel Leonardo
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Travel guide “Thüringen” 1x per room (German)
- Weimar: 1 guided city tour (German), entrance of a lot museums, calstle Belevedere
- Erfurt: 1 guided city tour (German), EGA Park, entrance of a lot museums
- Jena: 1 guided city tour (German), entrance Panetarium, Therme Galaxsea, Domburger castles
- Apolda: 1 entrance bell- and city museum, carriage museum in Auerstedt
- Bad Sulza: 1 entrance Toskana Therme (2 hours sauna)
- 2 Train ticket Bad Sulza - Weimar incl. bike
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Weimar train station
- Erfurt, Weimar, Frankfurt or Leipzig airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
- Multi storage garage at the hotel, this costs EUR 12 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.