Weimar - based in one hotel
Around the classic town.
- 4 Days / 3 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Weimar
Weimar offers a worldwide unique historic tradition. Museums, memorial places, churches and an interesting history are reminding on the life of many well-known persons. The thousand-year-old city knows many big names as for example Goethe, Schiller, Herder, Wieland, Lucas Cranch, Johann Sebastian Bach and Franz Liszt. Today Weimar is a pulsating centre of art and science. Arrive early – Weimar is awaiting you with historic and culinary inner city.
You cycle to capital city Erfurt. Krämer Bridge is awaiting you. It has a length of 120 m and 32 houses are located on it. It is the longest bridge with buildings on it. Half-timbered houses are accompanying you on your way. Small villages and homelike inns are inviting you to taste the Thuringia cuisine. Through the rural hinterland you reach your aim Weimar in the afternoon.
On today´s loop tour you follow the tracks of poets and thinkers. The route leads to Jena. In the university which was built in 1558 famous persons studied and teached. Goethe advanced the university, Schiller teached here. You continue along Saale bike path through a picturesque and diversified landscape. Past fortresses, palaces, churches and historic mills. Along the river Saale through the wine Eldorado of Thuringia and on roads with less traffic and asphalted bike paths to valley Ilmtal. Villages as for example Apolda, Bad Sulza or Dornburg with rural character invite you with numerous places of interest and lively inner city to pause.
The Weimarer Land is a hilly region with well-developed cycle paths. Pleasure cyclists but also E-bikers will get their money’s worth here.
- Accommodation in 4**** Hotel Leonardo
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English) with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers
- Travel guide “Thüringen” 1x per room (German)
- Weimar: 1 guided city tour (German), entrance of a lot museums, calstle Belevedere
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Weimar train station
- Erfurt, Weimar, Frankfurt or Leipzig airport
- Free parking at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
- Multi storage garage at the hotel, this costs EUR 12 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
Leonardo Hotel Weimar
The Leonardo Hotel Weimar welcomes you right in the heart of the city of Goethe! The hotel is situated just a few minutes walk from the historical old town with its various cultural and historical sights and is the ideal place to stay for cultural trips to Weimar.
The hotel provides 294 comfortable rooms with a classical design. For your culinary well-being, the excellent hotel restaurant and the cosy hotel bar leave nothing to be desired. Take it easy at the hotel’s health club with pool, sauna and fitness area or get treated in the Wellness Temple of the hotel with massages and beauty treatments. Finish the day and enjoy entertaining evenings with a game of bowling at the hotel’s own bowling alley.