Weimar - based in one hotel
Around the classic town.
Arrival in Weimar
Weimar offers a worldwide unique historic tradition. Museums, memorial places, churches and an interesting history are reminding on the life of many well-known persons. The thousand-year-old city knows many big names as for example Goethe, Schiller, Herder, Wieland, Lucas Cranch, Johann Sebastian Bach and Franz Liszt. Today Weimar is a pulsating centre of art and science. Arrive early – Weimar is awaiting you with historic and culinary inner city.
Today you cycle along the „Thuringian-chain-of-towns” to the state capital Erfurt. On your way you will pass through Niederzimmer, where you can make a short detour to the town's medieval watchtower. Having arrived in the state capital, it is worth visiting the Krämerbrücke, the picturesque half-timbered houses, the famous cathedral and the medieval old town. Then you drive back to Weimar via Bechstedtstrasse with its Thuringian organ building museum.
Today you cycle in the picturesque Ilm Valley: through Bad Berka with its Kneipp pool for the cyclists' calves, past the manor in München, via Kranichfeld with its two castles to Hohenfelden. This area is ideal for picnicking and swimming. Go by boat in the popular local recreation area and visit one of the numerous cafés and restaurants that invite you to take a leisurely rest. The Thuringian Open Air Museum is also worth a visit.
Departurer or extension
The Weimarer Land is a hilly region with well-developed cycle paths. Pleasure cyclists but also E-bikers will get their money’s worth here.
| Season 1 |
01.05.2023 - 01.10.2023
|Weimar - based in one hotel, 4 days, hotel Dorint, DE-THRWE-04DO|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||154.00|
|Weimar - based in one hotel, 4 days, hotel Leonardo, DE-THRWE-04LE|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||110.00|
- Accommodation in the selected hotel
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- GPS-data available
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Weimar train station
- Erfurt, Frankfurt/Main or Leipzig airport
- Public Multi-storey car park “Am Goethehaus” close to Hotel Dorint (Cat A), costs approx. EUR 23 per day, no reservation possible.
- Multi-storey car park car park at Hotel Leonardo (Cat B), costs approx. EUR 15 per day, no reservation possible.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!