Werra & Fulda
Half-timber is more than architecture.
- 6 Days / 5 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Hann. Münden
Your welcome briefing and handing over of the bicycles (if booked) is in the late afternoon. Small, contemplative and somehow cosy – that’s Hann. Münden! Make a stroll and inspect some of the 700 half-timbered houses from six centuries and classy buildings of the Weser Renaissance!
You start your bike week with a tour from Hann. Münden along the river Fulda to Kassel. This city is definitely a highlight! Extraordinary museums, the parks Karlsaue and Wilhelmshöhe with impressive palace and statue of Hercules are making your day!
Enjoy your holiday during a relaxing bike tour along the river Fulda to Melsungen. This city and the half-timbered houses are over 1000 years old! Stroll through the alleys; visit the palace, the church, the market square and the medieval towers.
Today you follow the river to Rotenburg a. d. Fulda which is in the northern part of Hessen. Experience 750 years of history!
You continue your tour through charming low mountain range between the rivers Fulda and Werra to Eschwege. Some of the half-timbered houses are leaning a little bit. Look after the small details – the inhabitants have decorated their houses lovely.
An easy tour will bring you along the river Werra to the city of Witzenhausen. The landscape around the city looks magical in the cherry blossom! Maybe it was the home of Snow White, as the Brothers Grimm found her? Again you cycle along the river Werra until you reach Hann. Münden again. Afterwards departure or you extend your stay in Hann. Münden!
You cycle on roads with low traffic or asphalted bike paths and side roads. There is an altitude difference of 200 m (possibility to go by train, not included) between Rothenburg and Eschwege, otherwise there are just little altitude differences.
Category: mostly 3*** hotels and well-kept guesthouses
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated routes
- Detailed traveld documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Hann.Münden train station
- Car park close to the hotel costs approx. EUR 5 per day or parking garage for about EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible, to be paid for at the time.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!