Weser Cycle Path "Discoverer"
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Hann. Münden
Your personal tour information and handing over of the bicycles (if booked) in the late afternoon. A first tour by bicycle you can undertake to the old town of Hann. Münden. We recommend a little stroll through the medieval centre of Hann. Münden with the historic half timbered houses of the Weser Renaissance is very interesting. You will love the splendid old houses.
Start of the bicycle tour on the Weser Rock, exactly where Werra and Fulda embrace each other. You cycle via Hemeln and past the ancient Benedictine monastery Bursfelde to the baroque Huguenot's town Bad Karlshafen. The centre of Bad Karlshafen with its lovely reconstructed baroque houses presents an interesting diversion to the otherwise usual half-timbered houses.
A number of highlights can be encountered along the route: the town Fürstenberg with a renowned porcelain manufacture, the old hanseatic town Höxter with more than 160 mostly half timbered buildings under monuments-protection. The little town Beverungen retained a lot of its historical face. Holzminden is well known for the production of aroma-essences and perfume-oils.
Many an idyllic village on the road invites you to stay. The little town Bodenwerder got certain fame for being the home of the so called "Lying Baron" of Münchhausen. The famous town of the "Rat Catcher from Hameln" has an intact old town with marvellous half-timbered houses and buildings in the typical style of the Weser Renaissance, dating back to the 16th and 17th century.
Near Porta Westfalica the river breaks through the Wiehen- and Weser mountain ranges and reaches the Northern German lowlands. The small town Rinteln, originating from the 13th century still has many buildings from the Weser Renaissance. Bad Oeynhausen has the world biggest carbonic acid thermal spring. Minden once was a flourishing trading centre but was destroyed in great parts during World War II. It was reconstructed in an exemplary way.
The Weser River Cycle Path follows mainly side roads with only scarce traffic as well as dedicated asphalted cycle paths and country roads. Only few differences in altitude have to be managed, therefore this cycle path is highly recommended for beginners or families with children.
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (DE)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (DE, EN)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Transfer to Hann. Münden by minibus, bike included. Price per person € 40, limit space available, a reservation at your booking is necessary, payable on spot.
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Hann. Münden train station
- Hannover airport
- Hotel car park in Hann. Münden for about € 4 per day. (On request, no reservation possible)
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!