In the morning, you will take the train to Arezzo. There, you can visit the beautiful churches and palaces of the city of antiquities and gold. With your bike you will cycle on beautiful trails through the vast plains of the Val di Chiana, constantly accompanied by hill and mountain silhouettes of the southern Tuscany. You will pass Cortona and you will finally get to Lake Trasimeno, the battlefield of Hannibal against the Romans. Moreover, you will have a gorgeous view of Lake Trasimeno. Tonight, you will spend the night in Passignano.
Hotel (example): La Vela
You will cycle along the lake to Torricella. From there you will continue through open fields, rolling hills and idyllic places to Perugia. Stroll through one of the nicest shopping streets of Italy to the Cathedral of San Lorenzo, the Palazzo dei Priori, or the Arco Etrusco... the Umbrian capital will fascinate you!
Hotel (example): Sangallo Palace
After having crossed the river Tiber, it is only a few kilometres by bike to the birthplace of St. Francis of Assisi. However, before you cycle up to the mystical city, you will take a trip to one of the most beautiful sanctuaries of Umbria: S. M. degli Angeli! In Assisi, you can immerse yourself in the colourful world of medieval frescoes by Giotto.
Hotel (example): Dei Priori
Your way leads you along the foot of the mighty Mount Subasio to the still entirely preserved medieval town Spello. Afterwards, you will continue through the Valle Umbra to Spoleto. Cities, such as Montefalco, Trevi, and Campello can be seen on the surrounding hills. From the more than 80 m high aqueduct you can enjoy a vertiginous view of the Tessino Canyon, Mount Luco, and the Rocca Albornoz (papal fortress).
Hotel (example): Charleston
Between mountains, accompanied by the beautiful countryside, you will cycle to Terni and further to Narni. Do you want to treat yourself? Terni is known for its excellent pastries and for having the most creative cuisine of the region! Narni and its medieval streets will take you back to ancient times.
Hotel (example): Dei Priori
In the middle of the green heart of Umbria, you will pass huge mountains until you reach Calvi, the last major town in this region. You can still enjoy the quiet and solitude of the Sabine mountains before you take the train to immerse yourself in the vibrant city of Rome.
Hotel (example): Gambrinus
Departure or extension
You will cycle on a slightly hilly route during the whole tour; in between there are longer flat sections. You will find yourself almost exclusively on asphalt tracks and quiet side streets, partly also bad road conditions. Only very short sections are on busier roads, especially when entering or leaving cities.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room ( German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 train journey from Florence to Arezzo incl. your bike
- 1 train journey from Poggio Mirteto to Rome excl. your bike – bike drop off in Poggio Mirteto
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Florence train station
- Florence and Pisa airport
- Multi-storey car park close to the hotel, costs approx. EUR 20 - EUR 36 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary, car park close to the hotel, costs approx. EUR 70 per week, unguarded car park at the periphery costs approx. EUR 20 per week
- Good train connections from Rome to Florence
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!