Arrival in Merano
Arrive in Merano and move into your accommodation. The travel documents and rental bikes (if booked) will already be in your hotel.
Merano – Bolzano
You will set off on your cycle tour today from the lovely spa town, Merano. You will cycle past orchards and vineyards and you will be able to sense the Mediterranean flair. The great palaces and castles are silent guards along your way. Take a short detour to the mystical labyrinth garden in Tschrems or cool down in the Nalser swimming pool. Once you have arrived in Bolzano, you can pay a visit to the Ötzi museum or you can simply enjoy the “Dolce Vita” in the historical old town.
Bolzano – Auer
Today you leave South Tyrol’s capital. Cycle along the river Adige and continue on your way. You can then smell the wonderful smell of the orchards again. Here is where the Adige valley opens up to its widest point and you can really marvel at the Mediterranean nature. You will spend the night in Auer, which is a typical village in South Tyrol, which still maintains its character and its genuine, south Tyrolean hospitality.
Auer – Trento
After a good night’s sleep and in a good mood, you are now refreshed and ready to go for your next day’s cycling. Today’s cycle path runs right through extensive vineyards. You visit a particularly exciting place for children with climbing rocks, ruins and animals on your way to visit the Biotop Castelfelder. Today you will leave the most southern part of southern Tyrol and also the language border: from now on you will hear more and more Italian.
Trento – Rovereto
Trento with all of its museums, its heritage and its old town are all waiting for you on this discovery tour. Stroll leisurely through the little streets before you then continue on by bike. Cycle past the powerful Beseno Castel, which sits enthroned above the Adige valley. Your cycle path will then take you through vineyards to Rovereto. In Rovereto, dinosaur fans can follow the traces of the dinosaurs on 5 small trails.
Today your bike route leaves the Adige valley because lake Garda is now waiting for you. In Mori, you can try the all-round famous pistachio ice cream in the gelateria Bologna. After the only noticeable hill on this tour, you speedily cycle downhill past the blue lakes to Torbole. You will spend your last night in Torbole or Riva, two well-known holiday destinations, which are well-known for their innumerable possibilities for different sports. A wonderful end to your magnificent cycle tour in Italy.
Today you have to say goodbye to the Italian flair. Or you can enjoy the sun for another day at one of lake Garda’s beach areas. You can also get to Gardaland (a theme park) quickly from here….
You cycle along the river Adige and through the Mediterranean scenery. Always on well-built cycle paths or quiet side roads. Only one short hill during the tour (about 150m ascent). The stages can be shortened by train if desired.
Category: 3***- and 4**** hotels
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 6 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- 1x Pistachio ice-cream on the way to lake Garda
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by mini bus every Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning as well as Tuesday afternoon upon request. This costs EUR 58 per person and bike. To be paid for at the time. No reservation necessary
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Arrive by plane to Verona and then take a train to Merano in about 1 hour.
- Parking: public car parking spaces cost about EUR 30 per week, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness and cycle skills. This route is well-suited for families.
- You cycle along the river Adige and through the Mediterranean scenery. Always on well-built cycle paths or quiet side roads. Only one short hill during the tour (about 150m ascent). The stages can be shortened by train if desired.