Vinciapprox. 55 km
At the beginning of your tour, you will cycle through the vast plains of the valley Valdenievole, which is characterized by a lot of agriculture. You will continue through the first Tuscan villages, through olive groves to Vinci, the birthplace of Leonardo. We recommend visiting the museum in the castle since it is home to one of the largest and most original collections of machines and models of the inventor. Then, you will take quiet roads back to Montecatini Terme.
Cat. A: Grand Hotel Croce di Malta
Cat. B: Hotel Mediterraneo
On your way to Lucca, you will pass the small, medieval wine town of Monte Carlo, where one of the few white wines of Tuscany flourishes. (Alternatively, you can take the train to Lucca). A bike ride on the historic city walls offers magnificent views of churches and towers that rise above the countless roofs of the city. Afterwards, you will continue to Lake Massacciuccoli (also called Lake of Giacomo Puccini) with stunning views of the sea and Pisa with its Court of Miracles (“Piazza dei Miracoli” – Leaning Tower).
Cat. A: Hotel Repubblica Marinara
Cat. B: Hotel Soggiorno Athena
First, the bike path leads you along the river Arno. Many fertile fields line your way and you will continue your tour through the Pisan hills, on whose gentle slopes sweet wines, olives and juicy peaches grow. You will see small medieval villages located on the hilltops and soon you will have reached today’s destination, the spa town Casciana Terme.
Cat. A: Albergo Roma
Cat. B: Albergo Stella
Today, you will cycle on beautiful trails through vineyards and rolling hills to San Gimignano. On your way, you will see images of the original Tuscany as they have been painted many times. Just before you reach today’s destination, the silhouettes of the famous medieval towers appear in front of you. Each aristocratic family once had their own tower here – and these towers still dominate the townscape.
Cat. A: Hotel San Michele
Cat. B: Hotel Le Colline
The beautiful Tuscan landscape on today‘s stage makes you forget the small climbs on the route. Once you reach the small fortified village of Monteriggioni, you will feel as if you were in the Middle Ages. Today’s highlight undoubtedly is the architectonic paradise of Siena.
Cat. A: Hotel Italia
Cat. B: Hotel Italia
The tour takes you into the midst of the wide Chianti region. Only here the world-renowned “Chianti Classico” wine, which is much respected among wine connoisseurs, is grown. The charming wine village of Castellina is on your way to Greve. Thanks to its famous wine and olive production, it is called the capital of the Chianti region. From here you will get back to Florence by bus.
Cat. A: Hotel Una Vittoria
Cat. B: Hotel Grifone
Departure or extension
Afterwards: individual departure, extension of your trip, or combination with the tours “Venice-Florence” and “Florence-Rome”.
Tuscany has a wonderful but also hilly landscape. You will cycle on quiet minor roads and sometimes even on country lanes from one famous city to another. Close to bigger cities, traffic is unfortunately unavoidable.
Category A: 3*** und 4**** Hotels, sometimes with a swimming pool
Category B: 3*** Hotels
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French - with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- 1 Bus transfer from Greve – Florence incl. your bike
- EUROBIKE signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer on saturday by minibus costs EUR 29 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Montecatini Terme central train station
- Florence and Pisa airport
- Category A: garage costs approx. EUR 45 per week
- Category B: hotel parking costs approx. EUR 35 per week
- Good train connections from Florence to Montecatini Terme
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!