Mallorcans and Majorca fans agree: Majorca in spring is very special and the best time of the year on the island. After the rainy winter on Majorca, nature has just awakened. Bright green and pastel-coloured blossoms sprout everywhere. It smells of pine and rosemary. Magnificently bright lemons and oranges characterise the scenery and are ready to be harvested in spring. As early as February, more than five million almond trees are in bloom and cover large parts of the island in a romantic rosé. Some of them are over 100 years old. So if you visit the island in spring, we highly recommend you do not miss the beautiful nature spectacle of the almond blooming! The highest density can be found on the West coast between Palma and Port d’Andratx and in the region around Valdemossa and Sóller, where they inhabit the fields and mountain slopes in their hundreds of thousands. Shortly thereafter, the peach, apricot and cherry tree blooming, wild poppies and daisies grow rampant at your feet, later lilies and wild roses. And best of all: since there are only a few tourists on the road in spring, you can experience and enjoy everything almost undisturbed.
We recommend Majorca for an active holiday especially in this wonderful flowering season, as the climate is already pleasantly warm, however not yet too hot for sporting activities. Spring on the Balearic island offers mild temperatures with an average of 20 degrees and between 6 and 9 hours of sunshine per day. The sunny spring on Majorca is therefore very popular with cyclists and hikers. Many different cycle paths and routes invite you to get to know the island intensively and delight each and every visitor: unspoilt nature, blossoming fruit trees and picturesque mountain villages guarantee great photo opportunities. From the rugged Tramuntana mountains situated in the North to the Bay of Palma in the South, Majorca shows what is has to offer for active holidaymakers. Breathtaking views of the deep blue Mediterranean Sea entice along the West coast. The little tapas bars are still not too crowded, along the golden sandy beaches and in the famous artists‘ villages like Valdemossa and Deia. Island life moves to the rhythm of the pre-season.
While the majority of our cycle tours only start at the beginning of April, the new cycle season on Majorca begins in February. Since spring is already in the starting blocks here and nature begins to awaken. Our support team on Majorca looks forward to welcoming you to the beautiful Balearic island. As your on-site contact, our team members at the Eurobike bike station ensure that you can enjoy a carefree and all-round perfect cycle holiday on Majorca. The bikes are removed from hibernation, cleaned and serviced. Bicycle equipment, service sets and bicycle locks are also checked for completeness. Our travel documents are also prepared in the stations and it is ensured that there are enough route books, ‚Bikelines‘, city maps and business cards – our supplies have to be replenished here as well. Once everything is done and the Eurobike buses and bicyles are ready to go, we are ready to go. Bienvenido a Mallorca!
Majorca is one of the most popular cycling destinations in Europe, which is not surprising given the many cycle routes, which meander through the island’s breathtaking sceneries, The best time to explore Majorca by bike is between February and May.
We offer you various cycle tours including luggage transfer on Majorca, perfectly according to your individual wishes and needs.
- Majorca full-scale – the big Loop Tour: Would you like to experience all the island highlights in one holiday? |Our tour takes you to the most enchanting places in Majorca: from the capital Palma to the fantastic beaches around Alcudia to Fornalutx, the most beauitful village in Spain. And there is always enough time to enjoy!
- Majorca enchanting – Island-Tour with Charm: A cycle holiday with an edge! You spend the nights in lovely accommodations and experience pure relaxation, enjoyment and the unmistakable culinary delights of the island.
- Majorca laid-back – Cycle tour through the the centre: This cycle tour shows you the quiet, rather unknown heart of the island: romantic villages, fantastic bays and vegetation typical for the island. Here you cycle leisurely from coast to coast, past steep cliffs, fragrant orange trees and shimmering salt lakes.
- Majorca up-close – Finca-Tour with Charm: A cycle holiday with an edge! You spend the night in two historic traditional fincas and experience pure relaxation, enjoyment and the unmistakable culinary delights of the island. In addition you get to know Majorca’s picturesque coastline and lush hinterland during marvellous cycle tours.
- Majorca maritime – Majorca’s East Coast cycle rally: Explore the most beautiful corners of the East coast by bike starting from your hotel – idyllic bays, white sandy beaches and the wonderful almond and olive trees. Hotel Sabina offers an oasis of relaxation featuring all amenities, while the excursions and tours offer numerous attractions.