Facts & Figures about the Velodrome – Salzburg Lake District
- The region presents itself under a ‘roof’: with a network of signposted cycle paths, bike rental stations, e-bike charging stations, cycling events and culinary highlights – so the enjoyment never ends. All this makes for a cycling paradise. The routes are constantly revised and kept up to date.
- An incredible 600km of cycle paths meander through the Salzburg Lake District and are waiting to be discovered – and only 20 minutes by car from the city of Salzburg!
- 14 signposted cycle tours of all difficulty levels are offered. From recreational cyclists to sports cyclists, everyone will find their level. Where does it go? On one of the four lakes Wallersee, Mattsee, Grabensee and Obertrumer See, over hilly landscapes with magnificent views or in the shade of the forests – there’s certainly variety.
- Last-minute bike needed? In this eventuality, seven rental and service stations are available. There are also 20 e-bike charging stations at your disposal, so the e-bikes don’t run out of seam.
Salzburg's Lake District - based in one hotel
And the Lake District Tour based in one hotel is also happy to welcome numerous cycling enthusiasts. The difference: in contrast to the 10 Lakes Tour, our cyclists pedal throughout the day and return to the same hotel each evening. The five-day tours can be swapped with one another at will.
Our accommodation in the Lake District
During the Lake District Tour based in one hotel you spend the night in Hotel Walkner, an upmarket 3*** family business which authentically captures the Salzburg way of life. After a busy day in the saddle, Hotel Walkner creates a wellness oasis where you can relax.
Another 165 properties, with a total of 2000 beds are available in the Salzburg Lake District. On the homepage of the Salzburg Lake District Tourism you will surely find something!
Highlights in the Salzburg Lake District
What else can you expect from a holiday in the Salzburg Lake District? Culinary highlights, for example. In traditional inns and in numerous restaurants along the banks of the lakes and cycle paths culinary delicacies from the region are served. In addition to the foodie delights, various attractions await our cycling enthusiasts.
P.S. The Salzburg Lake District has a lot in store for families. Adventure, fun and action for the whole family can be found on the homepage of our colleagues, Euroaktiv family holidays in Europe.
- Professional star-gazers and hobby astronomers will certainly be happy in the VEGA observatory in Haunsberg. Public star watching tours take place on Monday evenings free of charge, and without prior notice.
- Animal lovers will be thrilled with a visit to Gut Aiderbichl. There is plenty to see at the animal rescue centre, from donkeys to goats and dromedaries.
- Beer lovers will look forward to a visit to the Trumer Private Brewery. For more than 400 years, now in its eighth generation, the family owned business has brewed beer.
- Water babies will be able to take a dip in one of the numerous beaches. Large and shady areas provide space for recreation and of course a jump into the water!