Salzburg's Lake District - based in one hotel
Relaxed cycling through the Lake District.
Arrival in Seeham
Personal tour information and bike fitting for rental bikes.
Cycle along beautiful routes to the monastery in Michaelbeuern. In the Stiftskellnerei restaurant you can try the famous Augustinerbräu beer whilst sitting in the shade thanks to the old chestnut trees. To get back to the hotel you shall cycle through the rural coutryside of the Alpine foothills to your hotel located by Lake Obertrum.
This tour goes from Lake Obertrum to Lake Wallersee. From Seekirchen by Lake Wallersee (casle Seeburg) you continue your trip along the Wallersee cycle path the well-known farm, Gut Aiderbichl. The admission fee is included in the tour price! From there you will cycle to the food of Mount Tannberg to Schleedorf and then down to Lake Mattsee and back to your hotel.
Today you will cycle via the Egelseen lakes and through the Tiefsteinklamm gorge to Lake Wallersee. After passing the so-called Finsterloch you will have time for a lunch break with a hearty snack (included in the tour package price!). After lunch it is time to continue your tour. You head to Lake Irrsee and to Lake Mondsee and to the town of the same name – Mondsee – with its old castle and historic church. At the end of your day, you will be taken back to your hotel.
The day starts with a short transfer to Salzburg. On the Salzach riverside walk you will leisurely cycle to Oberndorf, the birthplace of the famous Christmas carol “Silent Night”. On your way back to the Trumer Seen lakes, you can either cycle over or around Mount Haunsberg.
The train will take you to Hallein (Celtic town, Celtic museum, salt mine). You then cycle along the river Salzach and via Hellbrunn castle, which has got world-famous fountains to Salzburg. Later on, you will return along the Fischach and Mattig rivers to Seeham.
Departure or extension
By the edge of the lakes and along the Salzach river, the routes are completely flat. In between, the terrain is mostly hilly. Most of the tour is on bike paths. When not cycling on bike paths, you are normally cycling through fields or quiet side roads. There are only a few short sections on roads with more traffic.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
09.09.2023 - 29.09.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Salzburg's Lake District - Based in Hotel Walkner, 7 days, AT-SKRTS-07WA|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||99.00||99.00||99.00|
- Accommodation in Hotel Walkner in rooms with balcony and lake view
- 3x half board (4 course dinner)
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- Bus transfer from Mondsee – Seeham incl. your bike
- Bus transfer from Seeham – Salzburg incl. your bike
- Train journey from Seekirchen – Hallein incl. your bike
- 1 Snack at a typical tavern
- 1 Admission fee for Gut Aiderbichl (animal sanctuary of the animal diplomat Michael Aufhauser)
- Use of all hotel offers including sauna, pool, table tennis, ...
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance!
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Salzburg train station
- Salzburg airport
- Free parking at the hotel, reservation is not possible
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!