Arrival in Salzburg
Arrival in the culturally rich City of Mozart. Regardless whether you stroll along the river Salzach with ice cream in hand, glance over the roofs of Salzburg high up from the hill ‚Kapuzinerberg’ or start with a shopping spree in the ‚Getreidegasse’: you can feel the wonderful flair, Salzburg simply oozes culture everywhere. No matter what age you are, Salzburg will enchant you! Welcome meeting and rental bike distribution.
Salzburg – Holzöster
After a short ride by regional railway, you autonomously start your family tour full of beans in Oberndorf (exercised cyclists can take already the bike to cycle to Oberndorf), birthplace of the most famous Christmas carol ever: ‚Silent Night’. Then onwards along the lovely babbling river Salzach into the diverse nature of Austria’s largest moor area: here the warm lakes Höllerersee and Holzöstersee with lido for families await. Just like a little Garden of Eden.
After a swim in the wonderful warm moorland lake, come and join the funny “Wanderbauerngolf”- a special kind of miniature golf along funny walking paths, played with wooden bats. Alternatively you can also go for another cycling tour along the river Salzach to Burghausen, a beautiful city with its very charming old town.
Holzöster – Trumer Lakes
Here in the nature reserve, time seems to stand still. You cycle past the animal paradise to Michaelbeuern and from there into the Trumer-Lake district with its three crystal clear lakes, Lake Obertrumer See, Lake Mattsee and Lake Grabensee. This is the best place to cool off, have fun and relax in the glistening water after your cycling tour.
A cool jump into the water? Not just one but three massive lidos (entrance fee included) await you. Try the slide or the raft, this place has a lot to offer. However, this is not all yet: you can experience the areal adventure in the high rope course and swing as high as 35 metres (open from Wednesday – Sunday). Or you do a short cycle tour along the Obertrumer See – Bathing stop inclusive.
You cycle through the nature reserve of the pretty Egelseen-lakes to Schleedorf, from there you continue along the sparkling Lake Irrsee all the way to Lake Mondsee. At the tranquil Lake Mondsee you will not miss out on swimming and fun, that’s a guarantee! During your cycling tour you get to taste typically Austrian cuisine, dishes such as Schnitzel and apple strudel, in one of the many inns.
Lake Mondsee – Salzburg
The route leads you past lush meadows along the cycle path to Thalgau and onwards to Eugendorf. From here you continue on the tracks of the disused Ischler-railway all the way to the river Salzach and then along the Tauern-cycle path into the centre of Salzburg. As a reward you can treat yourselves to a delicious ice cream or try the original Salzburg chocolates called ‚Mozartkugeln’ at the place of their creation. Be advised to take enough time for this city. There is so much to see: a visit to Mozart’s birth place, cathedral, Mirabell palace or the castle ‚Hohensalzburg’. The water fountains in Hellbrunn palace are a lot of fun too. The Zoo Hellbrun is a must for all animal lovers.
Departure or extension
Today options for departure are all yours. Alternatively, how about you add an extra day and discover all of Salzburg’s secrets?
You cycle along the river Salzach and through numerous nature reserves, past countless lakes with options for a swim. There are few longer ascents between the Trumer Lakes and Salzburg or Lake Mondsee. You cycle always on well-maintained cycle paths.
Category: 3***-and 4**** hotels and nice guesthouses
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 7 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Minature golf “Wanderbauerngolf” in Franking
- Entrance fee to the lidos on the Trumer Lakes
- Salzburger Seeland-card with numerous inclusive services
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Entrace fee for the high rope course Seeham approx. EUR 28 per adult and EUR 16 per child, Minimum height for access to areal climbing park: 110 cm
- Regional railway journey on day 2 from Salzburg to Oberndorf approx. EUR 6 per person with bike, payable on site
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Regional railway journey on day 2 from Salzburg to Oberndorf approx. EUR 6 per person with bike, payable on site, not included
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Salzburg and take the bus or taxi in about 30 minutes to the hotel.
- Arrival by train in Salzburg and take the taxi in some minutes to your hotel, approx. EUR 10 per ride.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces for EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible. Underground car park in Salzburg approx. EUR 65 per week, payable on site, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
- You cycle along the river Salzach and through numerous nature reserves, past countless lakes with options for a swim. There are few longer ascents between the Trumer Lakes and Salzburg or Lake Mondsee. You cycle always on well-maintained cycle paths.