Arrival in Salzburg
Arrival in the culturally rich City of Mozart. Regardless whether you stroll along the river Salzach with ice cream in hand, glance over the roofs of Salzburg high up from the hill ‚Kapuzinerberg’ or start with a shopping spree in the ‚Getreidegasse’: you can feel the wonderful flair, Salzburg simply oozes culture everywhere. No matter what age you are, Salzburg will enchant you! Welcome meeting and rental bike distribution.
Salzburg – Holzöster
After a short ride by regional railway, you autonomously start your family tour full of beans in Oberndorf (exercised cyclists can take already the bike to cycle to Oberndorf), birthplace of the most famous Christmas carol ever: ‚Silent Night’. Then onwards along the lovely babbling river Salzach into the diverse nature of Austria’s largest moor area: here the warm lakes Höllerersee and Holzöstersee with lido for families await. Just like a little Garden of Eden.
Holzöster – Trumer Lakes
Here in the nature reserve, time seems to stand still. You cycle past the animal paradise to Michaelbeuern and from there into the Trumer-Lake district with its three crystal clear lakes, Lake Obertrumer See, Lake Mattsee and Lake Grabensee. This is the best place to cool off, have fun and relax in the glistening water after your cycling tour.
You cycle along the awesome lake “Wallersee“ with its beautiful lidos to Seekirchen and further to Eugendorf. From there you bike along the old „Ischler Bahntrasse, a shutdown train path, to the city of Mozart: Salzburg. Now is the time to visit all the lovely attractions of one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Departure at the evening.
You cycle along the river Salzach and through numerous nature reserves, past countless lakes with options for a swim. There are few longer ascents between the Trumer Lakes and Salzburg or Lake Mondsee. You cycle always on well-maintained cycle paths or low traffic side streets.
Category: 3***-and 4**** hotels and nice guesthouses
Child prices valid if they are staying in same room as 2 full price adults. Charges for children under 6 (for example Child bed) to be paid for at the time.
- 3 overnight stays as stated, breakfast included
- Minature golf “Wanderbauerngolf” in Franking
- Entrance fee to the lidos on the Trumer Lakes
- Salzburger Seeland-card with numerous inclusive services
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Carefully elaborated route description
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room with route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Entrace fee for the high rope course Seeham approx. EUR 28 per adult and EUR 16 per child, Minimum height for access to areal climbing park: 110 cm
Things to note
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price
- Regional railway journey on day 2 from Salzburg to Oberndorf approx. EUR 6 per person with bike, payable on site, not included
- Further important information according to the package travel law can be found here!
- Fly to Salzburg and take the bus or taxi in about 30 minutes to the hotel.
- Arrival by train in Salzburg and take the taxi in some minutes to your hotel, approx. EUR 10 per ride.
- Parking: Hotel parking spaces for EUR 10 per day, no reservation possible. Underground car park in Salzburg approx. EUR 65 per week, payable on site, no reservation possible.
- No minimum age.
- Requirements: basic fitness level and cycling skills. The route is ideal for families.
- You cycle along the river Salzach and through numerous nature reserves, past countless lakes with options for a swim. There are few longer ascents between the Trumer Lakes and Salzburg or Lake Mondsee. You cycle always on well-maintained cycle paths low traffic side streets.